The 5th Annual Central Texas Beekeeping School, Brenham Texas

Discussion in 'Upcoming Meetings' started by tecumseh, Jan 21, 2013.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

2. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Tec, The link sent me to the Earthlink Webmail login screen requiring a password.

Walt

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

I think tec. is telling us retirees, that when we visit the Earthlink that we will have to have a password to get in Heaven.:eek: Sorry Walt, and tec. i couldn't help it. :lol: Jack

4. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

:lol: :thumbsup:

Walt

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

if the links to 'register' (lower part of page) or 'the central texas beekeepers' (center of text) does not work for you I would appreciate if you would report it here to me. and thanks...

6. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

7. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Everything worked except the central texas beekeepers site...got a message that it couldn't be found. Also, my pop-up blocker blocked the registration...just turned off the blocker and all was right with the world.

Looks like a wonderful line up of classes. Guess y'all figured you had trained everybody in basic beekeeping and now it's time to move up to the 200 series. Good idea.

Walt

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

we are certainly hoping for a mixed crowd of both groups Walt.

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

10. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Ya'll have fun. I waited too long to go to bee school. Til they have one of those queen-rearing schools. Now that I think might help me out.

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I think there is a section Gypsi in regards to rearing queens. I do not know who is teaching the course.... matter of fact I don't know who is teaching any of the courses this year.

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

as of last night we have about 420 people signed up for the bee school. about 10% of those are signed up in a teaching or assistant in teaching position. by Saturday we could quite likely have met out maximum goal of having 500 people enrolled for this year's bee school.

a good deal of the credit for the school success should go out to our president 'fuzzybeekeeper' who has devoted a lot of time to organizing this event... I myself think this is the first 'necessary' element to the success of a bee school. the 'sufficient' conditions required is the population and location of the bee club... which is to say Brenham is well positioned between Houston and Austin and we have a population of member who represent (collectively) a great deal of talents and are ALL quite giving of their time and talents to this group endeavor.

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

well the annual bee school went well although the morning time temperature was a bit cool and the sky was pretty much overcast all day. we did 4 groups of live hive inspections in the afternoon and my first Brenham mentee (Wayne) got his face pasted on the front page of the local newspaper. no one got stung besides myself. we had approximately 460 people in attendance. it was pretty awesome to drive in to the fairground facilities in the morning and see an entire parking lot filled with cars. we also had the acting state bee inspector and the president of the Texas Beekeeping Association present for the event. so far we have largely gotten good reviews by everyone who attended. the bee club awarded 10 scholarships (1 beehives and the required gear) during the event.