The bee

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by Jay, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

I've yet to start bee keeping but have plans for the future. I have always been fascinated by bees but so far the following link is my only contribution to bees. Here is an excerpt "The scent of the pollen allured her, hanging in the still air of the morning. She would stop in her travel and visit each flower that she found. The precious nectar oozed from deep within the petals and she would thirstily drink at each one. She would gently land in the scented shade of each blossom and coax the precious nourishment from it. She never gorged, but rather drank from each flower what it was willing to give. Some were full and over ripe and bursting with the honeyed juice. Others had a smaller treasure, but she would drink lovingly of their gift leaving them an offering of pollen as a thanks" Hope you enjoy it and it is PG 13 http://hellopoetry.com/poem/the-bee-5/

2. CeeGee

CeeGee New Member

Interesting (I know nothing of poetry and prose, so it may be incredibly awesome and I don't have the familiarity to be aware of it), and some of the allusions are......definitely PG 13

3. Jay

Jay New Member

Just meant to be humorous not necessarily awesome