I said I'd keep a log running on this. I started a new post for it though that way its all in one place and all on its own. 2/9/2012 overcast and around 68 deg. with a cool breeze. I started the Church bees today. I've been trying to get here all week and finaly caught a break today. I started by clearing the branches and vines from in front of the tree. [attachment=7:1c702mzw]Cleared the entrance.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] After I got it cleared out I found the best spot to place it on the tree an straped it down. I would have liked to placed it a little lower over the entrance into the tree but the shape of the tree made me place it higher. [attachment=6:1c702mzw]step 1...strap it on.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] Next I placed a skirt over the new entrance box. The plans I got showed the skirt made with black plastic visqueen and wrapped compleately around the tree. I think that would have been a better seal but I did not have any so I improvised with what I had, a cloth shopping bag from Publix. The idea is to seal the gaps between the tree and the box entrance forcing the bees to use the tunnel. [attachment=5:1c702mzw]skirting the box.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] After pushing the skirt up to the tree as best I could I mounded dirt under the new entrance to block off the 4" gap under the tunnel and push the bag up tight against the tree. [attachment=4:1c702mzw]bottom sealed with dirt.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] With the bottom sealed off the next thing was to seal the rest of the gaps between the tree and the skirt. I chose to use expanding foam for this job because the gaps were large and I wanted to use something that would adhear both to the tree and to the bag with no openings. [attachment=1:1c702mzw]top sealed with expanding foam.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] Im not worried about the bees chewing through the foam because of such a large entrance hole with no obstructions. They have no reason to chew and it wasn't but a few minutes before they were useing the entrance like i planned. [attachment=3:1c702mzw]bees useing the entrance.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw][attachment=2:1c702mzw]blurry bees useing the entrance...lol.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] It was gonna be dark before too long so after checking that all the gaps were sealed and the bees were useing the entrance I wrapped it up an headed home. [attachment=0:1c702mzw]done for the day.jpg[/attachment:1c702mzw] Im a little worried that a rain might wash away the dirt, but untill it does,if it does, it'll be fine. On monday I'll go back and check out the use of the entrance by the bees. If all is well I'll attach the empty trap box to the tunnel entrance and let the bees get used to comming and going out of a normal hive entrance.