the french kiss

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by bee stung, Jun 26, 2012.

1. bee stung

bee stung New Member

you have to hear this ,, yesterday ,,, I opened one hive and they had built some bur and filled it with honey ,, we each grabed a piece ,, looking to be sure there was no bee on it and put it in our mouth ,, my piece was real good jeremy's was real good ,, Bonnie grabed a piece looked ,, yes there was a bee on hers ,, she picked it off looked to be sure there were no more bees , popped it in her mouth started to chew , got a funny look on her face ,, took the honey comb out of her mouth , and there sat a bee ,, she turned her lower lip out and there the stinger sat ,, wth the 2 venom bags pumping away ,, I got the stinger out ,and she went for the next piece of comb ,, then we looked at 2 other hives .. said it did hurt a bit ,, no swelling and after she ate the piece of comb ,, never said any more about it ,, till on the way home from work ,, then I was teasing her about the french kiss the girl gave her

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I went in a hive today, too. One lady kissed me on the left cheek, then one kissed me on the right cheek. Then one kissed me on the lip.

Must have been a jealous one watching, as she smacked me on the back of the head. After that, I decided to close it up and leave them alone for awhile.

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

Bonnie is a real trooper :) Iddee just doesn't understand the value of a veil :lol:

4. Omie

Omie New Member

My friend got her first sting today while watching me make a split with a queen cell. They got her right on the tummy- but that's what you get for not buttoning your shirt up all the way!

5. bee stung

bee stung New Member

that's what you get for not buttoning your shirt up all the way!

that is the reason I take my shirt off ,, they crawl up under and the shirt , the shirt gets pulled a little tight , and she stings .. and no ,, I never tuck the shirt tail in ...
    yea she likes the bees as much as I do ..

6. Tia

Tia New Member

:thumbsup: Hate stings on my face. . .I may go out there in shorts and a tshirt but always wear my veil! The thought of getting stung in the eye makes me shudder!

7. bee stung

bee stung New Member

the first hive we got was a nice calm hive ,, the first sting they gave me ,, a girl got between my eye and glasses ,got it right below the eye ,, my son the same day had one try to go up his nose , she got him on the tip of the nose ,, I have had a few try going in my ear ,, but the hearing aid stops them but boy is the buzz load when they set on the hearing aid

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Got one today while setting up a trap out, they were very calm and gentle bees the whole time I drilled holes in the concrete wall right beside of them. Once the cone went on they sure did change their mood. Was about 25 foot up a ladder and the old gal popped me right on that little piece of meat between your nostrils.........sure did bring tears to my eyes but had to laugh it off. Could not believe it did not swell up but sure is TENDER and still got a snotty nose.

100_2688.jpg

9. blueblood

blueblood New Member

That would be the infraorbital nerve areaG3...I sting that area once in a while on bad guys that aren't playing nice....ha!

10. klpauba

klpauba New Member

My son got a sting in the same spot last weekend ... snotty nose and everything. By midweek it was a bit infected but we were able to treat it with triple antibiotic.

I hope he'll still help out! :)