The pictures I promise

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by kebee, Feb 20, 2013.

1. kebee

kebee Active Member

Found out the pictures I was to post were way to big in migs these are smaller. View attachment 6995 View attachment 6996 View attachment 6997 View attachment 6998 View attachment 6999 View attachment 7000 My red berry trees trying to come out, hope the 26 degess didn't kill it like it got the tuplit bulbs on the tuplit tree. Next door the black locust in bloom, my large ones are just showing bulbs and not out yet.

I put 8 more feet on my bee stand so that I could have plenty of room when I pulled honey or inspected the hives. I have the hives now waiting until first week in April to get two more packages of bees, with spliting my one hive I will have four. I will clean the hives and paint them last week in march. They have been real actived here latey bring pollen in, enjoying watching them go about their business, oh my rock terry got to close and got stung, she was running all over the place to get away when one already got her.

kebee

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Rats, the attachments aren't working for me. :sad:

3. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

kebee,
    can you repost your pics? :grin:

4. kebee

kebee Active Member

Don't know what happen, will try again. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 006.JPG

5. jb63

jb63 New Member

Nice pics. I love it when the sun comes out.

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

kebee....thanks for sharing your pix!

:coolphotos:!!!!

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Great pics. I am somewhat humbled by these sudden postings of these fantastic neat and tidy bee yards, complete with purpose bee stands (even water buckets).
    Makes me feel like a rotten "dad".

8. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Perry don't feel bad, our day is coming when the beetle arives we will be forced to elevate our hives.
    Nice photos, Thanks for sharing.

9. kebee

kebee Active Member

I painted my hives yesterday, don't they look good, I hope the bees will enjoy them as much as I did painted them. The one hive I have were as gentel as could be, didn't try to sting me at all while I was painting. 002.JPG 017.JPG

I got my new band saw in today, just got it upacked and not together, weight 309 lbs took all this 75 year old and 130 lbs had to get it to the shop.

kebee

10. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I didn't elevate my hives for beetles. You mean skunks don't like northern bees?

Beautiful beeyard Keebee. Looks purposeful. Mine looks like 3 10 ft pipes stacked on cinderblock, with an adjacent old pallet on cinderblocks in catlitter boxes ( with water in for ant block)