the positive post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

DA Rat starting a thread and hope it is taken beyond the weather happenings and good morning post. I want everyone to try to stop in and post something positive that happened to them everyday. If you cant think of somethng maybe make up a saying or quote that is up lifting mention your bees anything. This is going to be fun. And another way to get my beekeeping friends to not "turn on tune in or drop out. (when was the last time you heard a timothy Leary quote :hi: " But instead turn on login and see what everyone has to say each day. Lets prove again for the 3rd time we dont need a sticky to keep a thread at the top of the charts. I will start it off.

"I got up this morning and I WAS ALIVE and im thanking god he has gave me another day to try to help make the difference and brighten the lives of others."

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I'll bite, one of my favorites:

"Only those who risk going too far will ever realize how far they can really go"

Fear and doubt can hold many a person back. I would be willing to bet most of the people who are millionaires today were broke once or twice in their time. The difference being they didn't quit reaching for the stars.
    (Is that positive?)

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Just read my sig line.....

That said, now for today, my wife has a blueberry coffee cake in the oven. If that ain't positive, I don't know what is. :thumbsup:

4. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I'm positively glad I'm not as dizzy as I was when I got out of bed this morning. Boy, that was weird. NP says it's from blocked eustation tube, which causes one to be off balance and dizzy.

So, I'll be glad when I'm back to normal.

Compared to alot of people I think life is just fine. The sun is shining thru the clouds and snow isn't falling. The fields look nice w/ their thin blanket of snow. And my Honey House hasn't burned down, unlike that of a friend of mine. He's thankful no one was hurt.

5. Omie

Omie New Member

Two weeks ago we had to put one of our beloved cats to sleep. It was very sad.

The positive:
    We are going to adopt a new homeless desperate kitty from the animal shelter tomorrow and it will have a loving safe home with us for the rest of its life.
    I have my eye on one already- a little brown tabby purr machine that just draped herself around my neck like a mink stole while i was there looking over the cats. :)

6. rast

rast New Member

Being in the boat business, it is very busy right now. That is very much a positive.

So sorry Omie, I understand your loss.

7. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Allready receiving request for honey later in the year and property owners asking if I want to put some bees on their place. Also a few folks wanting to learn the Beek stuff. Jim

8. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I have a cherry pie in the oven for the husband's birthday. Happy we are sharing another of his birthday's. I try to ignore mine.

9. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

I am fixing to turn 18, have a handful youngsters interested in bees, fixin' to graduate, have a life ahead of me to look forward to, God to lead me through it, and loving people all around me to support me in it. Right now, there's not much that could top that for me!

10. milapostol

milapostol New Member

Omie, sorry to hear about your cat. My condolences.

Positive: We are leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, the Big Island and then Maui to see the whales. I want to make sure to get some of that Hawaiian honey while I'm there.

Take care everyone...

11. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Claude, my Brook's King snake ate three mice tonight. :Dancing:

Of course he did that two days ago! What can I say, he loves to eat! :mrgreen:

...JP

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

my positive thing for the day is a challenge for anyone of my friend which includes all members of this forum to find a day when the rat isnt positive my cups always half full never half empty and I wont let anyone pour the other half out and ruin my day. Advise from the ole rat it is only you yourself that can keep you from being positive no matter what the circumstances.

13. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

@RiverRat, I haven't heard or read a Timothy Leary quote in a lot more years than I like to think about! But I'm thankful for folks who like to keep it positive, they are more rare by the day I think.

@PerryBee, yup....fear and doubt will strike you out almost as fast as secrets and lies. That was one of my Daddy's favorite sayings to me when I was just a tiny little thing and it has stuck with me my whole life and now I say it to my kids.

@Iddee, Shel Silverstein has been one of our favorite authors since Baby Beek was too little to walk! You would absolutely love Uncle Shelby's Book of ABZs, I would loan it to you but my copy burned in a house fire years ago and I have never been able to find another. Baby Beek is well known for reading his book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" to all the little people she babysits, and "The Giving Tree" is another one of our favorites. I bet that blueberry coffeecake was awesome, your wife is an excellent cook!

@sqkcrk...... I have been fighting a bad double ear infection since 2 days before Christmas and know all too well the dizzy, sick, floor surfing feeling that goes with it. Get well soon!

@Omie, sorry to hear about your kitty I know that had to be hard! I hope your new friend settles into your life and is a good friend for many years to come.

@rast, glad to hear busy is good and that you are busy!

@Bsweet, sounds like you are getting a jump on spring..... way to go!

@srvfantexasflood..... one of the birthdays in our house is always celebrated with pie too. Hope your hubby had a good one and good luck ignoring your own.

@Wally's Baby Beek..... I've already told you, you are not allowed to turn 18. You may have the 4th anniversary of your 14th birthday :p just kidding, I couldn't be more proud of you if I tried!

@milapostol...... we have a friend who is from Hawaii and brings me home honey roasted macadamia nuts when he goes home to visit....they are heavenly! Enjoy your trip!

@JPthebeeman, glad your pet is healthy and has an appetite.

It has been wonderful to sit here and read so many positive posts!!

Today my husband is feeling better and is back to work after two weeks of dealing with a black widow bite. Today I have 5 wonderful kids, 4 grandbabies who are too cute for words, a warm bed to sleep in, and a roof over my head, food on my table, and a God who loves me. As if that were not enough, I also have heard my children praise the Lord for the blessings they have.... and as the Bible says "there is no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth".

14. G3farms

G3farms New Member

All i can say is "it's a good day".

Just typed in half a page of a good post and lost it, oh well.

It's a good day compared to the last couple.

15. Walt B

Walt B New Member

16. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

I have learned my son qualifies for the travelling A team in basketball today. This basically translates to driving a million miles in the next four months on a nightly basis but I am super excited for him. At 12 that is a huge deal. They took 8 out of 40 5th and 6th graders who tried out.

17. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Thanks Mama. Even though I don't think I should drive in this condition at least feeling this way is legal. ie, not caused by consumption of illegal substances.

If y'all did a web search for "Sgt. Charles Berninghausen" you would see what we here have to be happy about, glad for and proud of. One of the things anyway. As time goes by our kids continue to be a source of joy and pride.

18. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Its positive news to see there is such a thing as so much positive news found here. Isnt it a shame we dont see this much positive news in the media

19. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Despite the economy and other worries, I can still look outside and marvel at how red a cardinal is in the bare trees. Beautiful!

Baby Beek, I chuckled to hear an 18-year old refer to "youngsters." To many of us, that's wht YOU are!!!

Rast - you hiring? I know a few good boat folks looking for work.

20. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Hobie, you would NOT believe that "youngster". She is a walking miracle.
    Makes clothes on an old treadle sewing machine.
    Knits complete shawls, etc.
    Cooks, cans, and dehydrates many different foods.
    Keeps bees, chickens, and rabbits, helps with the killing and skinning.
    Now she is writing articles and getting paid for it.
    She also has a great collection of cast iron cookware, which she uses.

Besides being a perfect little angel......