the positive post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Just finished with the ISO auditor and I PASSED! :thumbsup:

With any kind of luck, I won't be around for next year's audit. :beg:

Walt

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Well that don't sound too positive!!

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:???: :confused: :shock: Just how bad is the IRS in the States? Seems drastic way to avoid an audit! :lol:

4. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I'm glad because my chickens are laying eggs!

5. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Oops! Some clarification needed.:oops:

The ISO (International Standards Org) folks certify manufacturing (and other) companies as having an "effective quality assurance system". My little portion of it yesterday involved a few hours of records review, review of process improvement activities, and general "verbal gymnastics". The good news is that my little portion of the audit passed.

If I don't have to do it again next year it means I will have been retired which is REALLY GOOD NEWS! :thumbsup:

Walt

6. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

My helper came and disassembled my lawn mower so we could get the large rubber dog toy unstuck from it. (I was mowing at dusk on Monday) In the process we turned the mower on its side and got oil in the engine. So I cleaned the air filter, he cleaned the spark plug, we mopped most of the oily gas out of the carburetor and he put it back together. It liked the cleanup, started right up. Put in fresh oil and it runs better than ever. Threw away the green rubber dog toy that caused all the trouble. Red toys are better.

7. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Here's some really good news. I must have gotten something in my eyes because I had to wait until the watering stopped to type this.:smile:

A couple of weeks ago a dear friend said his doctor told him he had brain cancer and he was to come in for a scan on Monday. Really no rush because there wasn't a whole lot that could be done.

Got the results back and he's OK. I don't know the particulars, but I do know there is no tumor and no brain cancer. :thumbsup:

I must have gotten that thing in my eyes again. :wink:

Walt

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

walt that is great news.

9. rast

rast New Member

riverrat- "walt that is great news."

Amen

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Walt that is great news!!

11. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Now that's a positve post! :thumbsup:

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

we made it through the tornados with no damage. although I was in oklahoma 20 miles from woodward when it was hit. missed our town in kansas by 25 miles

13. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

Great news Walt, i've heard several cases where doctors tell patients they had some terminal disease only to find out later they were wrong? The test on my prostrate would be up and down and the nures called me at home, and said the doctor made me an appointment to a urologist, he thought i had prostrate cancer:shock:. The urologist checked me over and said things looked normal to him and ask if i had trouble urinating, i told him i could hit that door from where we were, (about 4ft.) he laughed and and said come back when i had a problem. I don't think doctors should scare the hell out of people until they know for sure if they have a problem. Jack

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

it is a beautiful but windy day here in Texas and a cool front in moving in from the west. tonight is likely to be coolish. not so low that I will not get the chorus of toads and frogs when the sun goes down. installed my first large handful (25) of BWeaver Queens into fairly robust 5 frame nucs.

15. Intheswamp

Intheswamp New Member

After all I've invested in my bees both time-wise and financially I'm feeling like I really am doing a pitiful job...swarm, swarm, swarm, backfilled brood areas, maybe queenless swarms, things just not seeming to go well. Then I remember that I've got a wife that loves me, kids and grandkids that love me, a roof over my head, food to eat, that I'm in fairly good health, and so many more things....and I realize that I am truly blessed among men.

Ed

16. jim314

jim314 New Member

Good post Intheswamp. I still feel like a beehaver instead of a beekeeper with all the swarms I had this year. But other things make up for it :)

17. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

My wife prepared a delicious supper for us tonight. Surprise, she brought a place mat to me at the computer and served it to me on the keyboard shelf. If you think that's positive, she hinted that maybe I would wash the dishes---I took the hint positively--but the best was yet to come.
    As I finshed the last dish she came into the kitchen and placed a delicious kiss on my lips.
    If that ain't positively great, what is?

18. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:grin: :thumbsup: :queen:

19. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

It's been too quiet here far the past several days. Whatsamatta? Have you guys and gals stopped seeing the positive side of things? My two pecan trees have finished flowering (nothing that produces nectar) and the front gardern is strewn with the dried out catkins. This year I plan on watering them (even though the price of water is sky high) so that the nuts they produce will be more impresive than those of the last two years, when I didn't water. I looked at my four sweet pepper plants this morning and realized that OVERNIGHT they must have grown about 5 cm (2 in). My six tomato plants have plenty of developing green tomatoes and if the hot weather keeps up, I should be picking ripe ones in a week or two.
    Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day, I got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way. Everybody sing. Everybody smile. Have a good one......:grin:

20. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Positively thrilled... Yesterday's inspection - amazing again!
    All three hives full of new eggs - second go around for the spring queens..
    The now ten day old package even had brand new eggs and 3 day old larva, She was released and laying by Day 6, confirming the purpose for pollen is being carried in!!!
    If the weather holds out we may get the honeys out of the abandon house (they are so happy, but the home owner wants to tear the building down soon) A Positive for us! we get our swarm back!