the positive post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Not bee related, but my wife's horse is back from the hospital and has taken his last dose of antibiotics. Prognosis looks pretty good for him.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

57 new forum members so far this month, and it's only the 22nd. Now, THAT'S positive.

It takes a whole group of great members and not one bad apple to make that happen. THANKS, all.

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Nothing specially big in the news except that I'll be going out shortly to pick three of the tomatoes that ripened on our vines over the last few days. Only six plants, nothing like what some of you have growing, but my wife and I enjoy the fresh home grown plant-to -plate taste. :grin:

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Lots of new members who aren't hesitant to contribute. :thumbsup:

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Split a ric of walnut today which is money in the pocket when heating my house this winter. My family and I are healthy and happy...and lastly the Olympics are on! Lot's of good things....

6. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

All done picking squash & zucchini - it was tasty, moved on to tomatoes, cantaloupe, red onions, and the first watermelon. And I got the hot queen! Life is good.

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

The forecasters said it is going to get hotter. My wife and I went to spend some time in Jerusalem--it's further from the humid coastal area and cooler because it is at a higher elevation---Ah, what a pleasant morning. I take a deep breath and my chest expands with the air of The Holy City. Nothing like it! :grin:

8. Marbees

Marbees Member

efmesch, a friend told me that sky above Jerusalem is like nowhere in the world, would you agree with that?

9. Omie

Omie Active Member

Just got back from a lovely 19 mile bicycle ride with my dearest, had a cooool shower and a bowl of cold cucumber/dill/yogurt salad from our own cucumbers. ahhhh! :D

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Drove the Blueberry Express bus for 5 hours today, shuttling people in and out of the fields. :grin:
    What a change from driving a transit bus for 11 years. :shock:
    The REM song "Shiny Happy People" would be a good song to play. It is a pleasure being around happy people (and getting paid for it to boot!) :wink:

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

That's a rough question to answer. On the simple level, I could say, it changes fom season to season--just like everywhere else in the world. But there are things people "see" with their spirits, and when it comes to that, Jerusalem on the whole, from under the ground up to the sky is like nowhere else in the world. I won't start giving Biblical quotations on the topic.

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

in a few days time and with a bit of luck, a long airplane flight followed by a modest automobile ride I shall meet up with another beekeepingforum member.

13. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

What do you consider to be a long flight? Nova Scotia is pretty far from you. :beg::thumbsup: :mrgreen:

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

All Right! It's been over 30 minutes. Enough suspense. Get on with the details.

15. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I didn't get the details on when your flight arrives but if you let me know, maybe I could pick you up at the airport and save you taxi or bus fare. :wink:

16. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Tec, You flying to Marlin? :grin:

Walt

17. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Isn't just like tec to drop a loaded post like that and then wander off for a spell to let everyone stew! :lol:

18. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

No, it's because he couldn't remember where he was going.:lol: Jack

19. Gypsi

Positive. Ford isn't overheating anymore. Despite the weather. The fan clutch fixed it.
    Hugely pregnant daughter is still pregnant. Tried some acupuncture to see if we can get labor to start before induction followed by csection becomes needed. She is over 40 weeks.
    House a/c still working. (that is a big plus)

20. Gypsi

2 out of 3 daughters getting married next spring. The twins. So far the dates are 2 months apart.