the positive post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 5, 2011.

1. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Bad news: last week my LCD computer monitor bit the dust. It was well past the end of the guarantee period.
    Good news: I Googled LCD monitor repair and found several You Tube films all about how to open it up, disassemble the parts, spot the faulty parts and repair it.
    Better news: Together with my 9 yr old grandson, we took it apart and found the culprits (three "blown" cpacitors). I decided to take it to an electronics repair shop to buy the parts.
    Best news: I asked the electronics fellow to buy the parts and on the spur of the moment asked him how long it would take for him to replace them...."10 minutes". So I asked him to do it while I carried out some other erands I had to attend to. When I came back, the job was done.
    "How much do I owe you?"
    "20 Shekalim".
    "What? That's all?"
    "Well, I did it as a favor"
    So I took the repaired electronics board home, together with my grandson reassembled it and now, for the equivalent of $5 have a $200 LCD screen back at work--as good as new.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

5 dollar electronics repair? :shock:
    I didn't think that was possible, I thought the stuff was designed to be thrown away.
    Well done Efmesch, don't know that I would have thought to give it a try. :thumbsup:

3. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

A couple of other old threads have been revived. I figured I'd do this one.

It's hot! It's dry!

You get sticky and sweaty working in the heat digging, shredding, repairing equipment, checking the bees.

Jeans and T shirts are soaked, and then it comes over you: birds, wildlife, vegetables, flowers, sun, and on... I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!

Life is good!

Walt

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Sometimes you just have to stop, eh Walt? :wink: :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I have clothes, food, shelter and love. Considering that, I AM RICH.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Ain't nutin finer!!

7. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

Its hot and dry here too! When the shade hit a certain part of my courtyard, I debugged a problem on my Royal Enfield motorbike, got that running like a grandfather clock, and buzzed by my hives several times on it (not too close!) Life is good.

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Having the right people with whom to share a good life makes it even better.
    Thank you all. :grin:

9. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

:goodpost:
    Well said ef. Thank you my friend.

10. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Today just started so I have to post about yesterday. I needed two new hives built. I have been trying to teach my son and daughter how to keep bees. They went and got the materials last Friday and spent the last two days building two hives. Bottom Boards,. Inner covers. outer covers and a deep and med box each. I helped with some of the handling of plywood and double checking saw set ups. Btu for the most part they built these hives themselves. I have also been working with my son the past couple of years on his woodworking skills. When they assembled the first box I started to be a little surprised. when they finished the first hive and stacked it up to be painted. I was amazed. It is the best hive we have made to date. We use box joints so it is no easy task to get them to come out fitting just right. Dados where smooth and clean flat bottomed and fit tight. Even the lumber they selected looked clean and smooth. It is starting to look like I can divide up the work force and leave them on their own to get most beekeeping tasks completed. That is good since we have hive building, a trap out and queen rearing going on all at the same time. Plus we need to get honey harvested before the bees eat it all. Today we move two 5 frame nucs to 10 frame boxes to make room for new queens from mating nucs. Okay so I am pre posting for today.

11. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Echo what Ef said for sure. Thankful for all of you and the folks close to me in my world here. Daniel, good stuff my frien!

12. G3farms

G3farms New Member

The positive post for today

I am POSITIVE it is going to rain some more :wink:

13. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I positively love Perry's new avatar picture.