The Price of OJ Going Up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slowmodem, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sounds like it got moved from Koffee Klatch to tailgator.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Never mind Greg, we luv ya here buddy! :thumbsup: :drinks: :yahoo:

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

once your thread and or post begin to be deleted 'over there' then look forward to being tossed.... iddee advice is essential here (it's not what you post, but who you kiss up to).

4. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

And yet I'm still Posting, even after loosing Moderator status. Not that it lasted very long.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Mark, I can't imagine being a Modertator on some of these forums would always be a very pleasant thing. "Opinions are like.......", you know the rest, and on large sites it can get heated as I have witnessed a time or two. (even got involved......ONCE!).
    I would imagine it is at times a thankless position.
    I know that G3, Barry, Iddee, Charles, and the Rat have said on numerous occasions if it weren't for the big $$$$ they wouldn't be doing it! :shock:
    Actually now that I think about it, in the time I have been here, I don't recall anyone getting tossed or even disciplined in any manner. (unless you are talking the spammers that occasionally sneak through).
    :thumbsup: to the Mods. here.

6. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Actually, though it was a bother, having to review every Post of a Thread, I didn't get demoted because of whayt I did as a Moderator. I told Barry, when I accpeted the position, that I wasn't going to stop being me. iddee and tec know what I mean. I don't suffer foolish ascertions (sp?) well. Though I have held my tongue more than anyone can know. And, even though I don't spell well and don't know the definition of every word, I do know the difference between "weather" and "whether" and other similar sounding sets of words and don't mind setting people straight. Or is that straite? :) Sometimes my tact is lacking. I tell it like I see it and people don't appreciate it, often.

Do we really want to talk about this?

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I agree. And :thumbsup: to the friendly members here, too! :drinks:

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

With the members that we have here, moderating is kinda like watching a submarine race. Just not a lot of excitement. :D

Thanks, folks, that's the way I like it. :drinks:

9. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Orange you glad we know how to get back on topic? :mrgreen:

Pepsi now says it has found the stuff in Tropicana OJ. :shock:

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

off topic once again..

to the moderators and members here... I say well done. :drinks:

as for myself the ability of a group of folks to discuss ANYTHING with their fellow citizen in a rational and not overly emotional level is just how grown up are suppose to behave and act. anything less than this really suggest you are dealing with folks with the mental maturity of children.

mark writes:
    Do we really want to talk about this?

tecumseh:
    I would say why not... but then everything is up to the moderator's sense of what is appropriate.

11. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I guess my point was, "Do we want to talk about the manner in which different Forum Sites are managed, under this Thread? Being so off topic to the Thread." Start another Thread if it is called for. But I could easily see it becoming a gripefest.

12. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

I'm guilty of getting off topic, but sometimes we have to run around the tree to make a point. Thanks moderators for putting up with it. :drinks: Jack
    PS. also my spelling and punctuation marks. :mrgreen:

13. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Sorry if this thread got so off topic as well.
    (Probably frustrating to the author who started it, Slowmodem.)

14. Iddee

Iddee New Member

If the OP complains, it will be addressed. If it gets rowdy, it will be addressed. Otherwise,

SELF MODERATE. YOU'RE GROWN UPS.

15. riverrat

riverrat New Member

This aproach works well. Iddee is correct on how to get along in the other forum. Im one of the mass numbers booted and banned from there. Even though I did get a email awhile back stating if I would appoligize for something I really didnt do they would allow yes allow me back on. But once banned my feet landed in a much better forum. Thanks to all for making our jobs easy. Holy cow pass the tylenol and a glass of untainted OJ. Im ready to start the day as a mod. :D

16. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I've noticed that a thread on a forum is kind of like surfing the web. You can start on one page, click a link and go somewhere else, click another link and go somewhere else, and end up somewhere similar or very different. Fortunately, there is always the back button. :) Unfortunately, my top internet speed is 28.8 kbs on a good day. :( Fortunately, my brain works around 56.6 kbs. :D (most days)

17. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

A lot of the threads here are just like a conversation you have with good friends. You start off talking about one subject, and fifteen minutes later, you're talking about something totally different, having touched on 3 other subjects along the way.

18. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

And you can't beat the price! :Dancing:

(or is it you get what you pay for?) :confused:

19. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Have you? To either Forum?

20. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Oh, I forgot about that. :oops:

I guess you can pay.

(My brain is working at 14.4 kbs this evening!)