The Rat Gets another ride in the back of a police car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jan 13, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Hold on this one is the best one yet. The rat and a friend was driving down the turnpike when we ran out of gas yesterday. As I was letting the truck coast to a stop we got back out in the driving lane to go across a bridge. We was running about 15 in a 70. Thats when we noticed the officer behind us with his red lights on. We pulled over after getting across the bridge. While getting my wallet out and liscense ready for the sheriffs deputy. I looked out the mirror and no longer seen him. Looking around he was standing at the passenger side of the truck tappping on the window with his flashlight. You know the one. yep the one that doubles as a club. Well we rolled down the window and the deputy asked us what in the heck (not the correct word) was going on driving 15 in a 70. I told him we had ran out of gas and was coasting to a stop. He never asked for my liscense. Took me back to his car along with my gas can to go get gas. When I started to get in the front seat after putting the can in the trunk. He stopped me and said your riding in the back. Then asked if I had any weapons. I said no anyhow the rat looking like he cant be trusted the officer did what any officer obi (remember alices resturante massacreee by arlo guther ) in his poisition would do. He patted me down to confirm that I was indeed a male. As we drove into town every car the young deputy came upon he would type in there tags on his computer to run a tag check. So here I am in the back of a police car no seatbelt on watching a deputy type tag numbers into his lap top. Remember texting is illegal in kansas while driving and is a moving violation. Once I got the gas can filled he didnt want it in his trunk. He had me put it in the backseat of the patrol car. As I held on to the 5 gallons of gas he started in running numbers again, So I got out the cell phone held my hand close together as if cuffed with my coat on and started posting on facebook using my cell phone holding it where people could see it. Have you ever seen the look on peoples faces you pass while you are what appears to be a prisoner in cuffs using his cell phone posting on facebook then look at them and grin. If you havent you should try it sometime. ( the reaction is priceless) About half way to the truck I noticed he quit running tags and was using the computer to message another officer about where they was going to eat. I was going to suggest a donut shop just up the road a bit. But figured I had had enough fun. I added the gas and away we went. Laughing about it as I told the story to my friend. good thing we wasnt pullled over while in the police car. I had on no seat belt a full 5 gallon can of gas in back seat and the driver was texting on his computer. and somewhere it has to be on the books for it to be illegal for a guy to have this much fun while running out of gas on a 10 deg day. :D

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

What!?!? no 8 x 10 color glossy photos for the blind judge to look at :lol: (from the song).

Here in TN it is illegal to text while driving also, except for the cops, go figure.

yea but we had shovels rakes and other implements of distruction in the trunk. I guess anyhow wasnt room for a full gas can but when it was empty there was room how does that work

3. charmd2

charmd2 New Member

4. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Good story rat.

...JP

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

im wondering now what would have happened if one of them car tags came back stolen. Would he boot me out of the car and make me walk. Load up the thief and keep me tied up a couple hrs while he worked the case. and how would he explain that one down at the courthouse. When the thiefs lawyer tells the jury he was force to ride with an uncuffed redneck who was posting on facebook while in the car with only a full 5 gallon can of gasoline between them with no cap for the spout :drinks:

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Just tell the car theif you were picked up for suspected arson.

7. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

The Rat says: "and with tears in our eyes we drove off into the sunset..." Tears of laughter, that is.
    Why do these things only happen to you? :lol:

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Must've been a young officer for him to still be trying to catch car thieves and other people with warrants for their arrest... they usually get burned out on that pretty quickly.

PS - Love your description of a pat-down being to check to make sure you're a male... lol. I am going to have to use that one next time I'm at the airport going through security.

9. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

What do you mean by "another ride in the back of a police car"? What's the other story?

Isn't it funny how Police can get away w/ things we would get ticketed for? I often wonder who polices the Police?

And don't you know how dangerous it is operating a cell phone in a closed space w/ a can of gas betwen your legs? Maybe your college prof should have warned you about that too. :)

I got a ticket a short while back for parking in a "Buses Only" space at a NY Rest Area. I thought about asking the Trooper if she was going to ticket the Pizza Delivery car that was parked under the No Parking sign and blocking her escape route, had she had to rush outy to the Highway. But I didn't see any benefit to me in asking that question, so I didn't. Those Troopers almost always seem so serious, especially the younger ones.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

but, but, but... have you rehabilited yourself?

11. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

And were there pictures w/ circles and arrows and a description on the back of each one explainin' what each one was to be used as evidence against against you?

12. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Ended up down on whitehall stree setting on the group w bench Guess Not enough rehabilitation from littering to keep me in the army

13. riverrat

riverrat New Member

That one If i told ya id have to shoot ya :D

14. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Rat,the reason the officer had you set in the back seat with the 5 gal. can of gas between your legs. Was to keep you from smoking in his car. (if you were a smoker) :lol: Jack

15. riverrat

riverrat New Member

After watching dad die a slow death from copd and fighting to see all his grand kids graduate high school. I thought this race aint for me so I gave them up what little I did never was a heavy smoker until I was in a bar drinking beer and that will make a non smoker smoke they was always fun to watch. Dads deal did look fun. I think he was hopin I would spill it then he could find some charge to right me a ticket or haul me to the can