The trapout swarm

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

About a week ago Wolf Pest Control called me about a swarm on the side of a building in South Knoxville, but by the time I got there, about half of them had already moved inside the block wall... it was move-in day for them... so I put up a trapout cone and a bait hive and brushed the remaining half of the swarm into the box. A week later (today) I go to check on it... they're all out of the wall, but they're not in the box either. They decided to set up shop right there on the outside of the wall next to the cone. They even started making comb there. Rather than brush them in again, this time I used bee-go and sprayed it on the wall around the bees in a C shape around them with the open end toward the entrance of the bait hive to make them go toward the bait hive... worked like a CHARM... they all marched right in and I was able to take the bait hive and go right then. I'll have to remember that trick in the future.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

But the owner is going to shoot you when that bee-go still stinks a month from now. :eek:

Buy you a bottle of bee-quick. :thumbsup:

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Oh, you know what? That's what I used... I don't know why I was calling it bee-go... but I use the Fisher's brand bee-quick... sorry for the confusion.

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Iddee you are right, that "bee go" should be called "everything go", it stinks, and for a long time.

5. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I'm reporting you to Jim Fischer. He will tie you to a fire ant hill and cover your butt with honey for that mistake. :club: :duel: :box: :box:

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

LOL, you know, I always make that mistake, been calling it bee-go from nearly day one. But you know that bee-quick stuff doesn't smell too good neither. Maybe it just wears off faster or something? At any rate, I always carry some around with me in a little spray-bottle... it's good stuff to get the bees moving... and valuable when you notice a tear in your suit that the bees can get to, a few spritzes and they'll stay away from that chink in your armor.

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It smells like almonds. I like it. Been thinking about making cookies with it...

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Almonds... I don't know what kinda almonds smell like that, but definately not roasted salted almonds... smells more floral to me.

9. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Almond extract

10. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I don't recall ever having smelled that. Only two extracts I've ever bought or used were vanilla and maple.