these guys need shut down

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by riverrat, Jun 15, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

This takes the cake. I got a call from a lady who had bees move into a slide in camper. It was a new swarm that had taken up in the camper. It would have been a easy removal as they was drawing comb inside the cupboard. she looked in the yellow pages called a bee removal company that sent out a guy to do the cut out. He told here she couldnt kill them because bees was a endangered species and only professionals could do the job. She said they had 3 small disk of comb drawn. He said he would remove the hive and sell them to a beekeeper. He proceeded to us a shop vac to suck up the bees dumped them in a plastic trash bag threw them in the back of the truck. he charged her 100 for a can of smoke 100 for using the vaccuum and 400 for the removal for a total of 600.00 he was there 30 minutes. She had called me and a couple other keeps to ask what are fees was and if this was the normal way a removal was done. I suggested she file a complaint with the better business bureau. She had done that they had 23 registered complaints lodged against them this year hers will be 24. She also was filing a complaint with the county attorney and the attorney general. She was sick at what had happened. We have been hoping the BBB or attorney general shuts these guys down but hasnt as of yet :beg:

2. BeeHunter

BeeHunter New Member

Lets call him up and set him into a trailer full of mean ol queenless bee's for a while. Then charge him $700 to let him out and go give the lady her money back!

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

they got a company in Kansas City as well. When you call the toll free number the call actually goes to kc. That in your neck of the woods