things just got busy

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

got a call and went out to look at a swarm just moved into a chimney, then got a call for another water meter swarm, then another call for a hive in a tree, looked at the chimney and took pics going to the meter Wenseday afternoon and get them, the tree Thursday afternoon or over the weekend

Attached Files:

2. Bees In Miami

Bees In Miami New Member

Zookeep: I'm with you! Two trap out calls Sunday, one completed and one passed on because it's 2.5 stories up, and a removal call today in a Mermaid!? :???: I will be posting the mermaid pics soon for some ideas. Just think...it isn't even the buzzy season!! I hope this keeps up! Hope you have a great season!! (Sorry to all our Northern friends...:sad:)

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Do'nt you Florida beeks run into AHB swarms? To me a swarm or hive in a water meter would throw up a red flag. Jack

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Wow, what's going on down there? :???:
    How are you going to tackle the chimney Zoo?

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

The chimney swarm looks like they took up resident in between the brick and flue or in the blocks. can you break off the flue cover to see how far down the bees are, your going to have to mortar it to seal the crack once you are done.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I think Apis is hitting in the right direction. I would say they are in the cinder block as well.

Looks like just a little demo work and repair will be necessary to get them out. Did a trap out last summer that was very similar.

100_2722.jpg