Third inspection done. Everything is good I think.

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by rw02kr43, Jul 7, 2012.

1. rw02kr43

rw02kr43 New Member

We still haven't seen the queen. Sure do have a bunch of larva though. 8 of the 10 frames have been drawn out. I moved their feeder to the front of the hive and took off the top empty box from advice on here. They never did try to build comb in there but figured they might. So maybe next week I can put a 2nd deep on? I hope so anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jason

2. rw02kr43

rw02kr43 New Member

Well that didn't last. I went out this morning and the feeder in the front was full of ants. There were also more ants around the bottom that I had seen there before. So, feeder is back where it was. And I poured cinnamon all around the base on the concrete blocks.

Jason

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

A bit of burr comb but nothing to get excited about. Everything else looks good. :thumbsup:
    If they have drawn out 8 of the 10 frames, I would add your second deep.

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I would also suggest pressing all frames tightly together and centering them in the box. EACH AND EVERY time you go into them.

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Iddee got it. In the first pic you have no gap between the frame on the right and the side wall of your box. You do however have too much space between frame 4 and 5 (from the right). This is where all that junk comb has been built. Keep your spaces on the outside frames of the box.