Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the 2nd generation queen from the tree removal, the nucs packed and its time for the full brood box, I have another 1 about the same, its 1 of the 1st generation tree queens, yep, time to order yet more boxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
nice brood pattern

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moves all done and wow that was a huge amount of bees in a nuc, no swarm cells either, rather surprised about that too with the way they were packed in. :yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Good job. Now that hive body is just down right purty.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yep, that's nice.
Now my question if you don't mind. Why didn't you put them in a full size hive with a sliding division board to start with?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I got 4 sheets of 1/2 inch 4 play for free and made up a bunch of nucs and I just started beekeeping again last August figuring I would go into the winter with 2 maybe 3 hives, I have 15 and 3 more nucs, I am forever out of full size boxes and keep ordering more, dont get me started on honey supers (dont have yet) and need on 2 hives already :dash1: :frustrated:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
This time of year isn't bad for robbing, but later on in summer will be. I would get into the habit of placing the reducer against the feeder, thus putting the entrance farther away from the feeder, making robbing harder on the robbers.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I opened her up today to see how things are going and I need another box on it all ready, queens laying eggs in every frame she can, even the food frames have small patches of eggs. :yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
not quite--none of the tell tale wax on top bars but certianly in the very near future good job.
Barry

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
now that is a beautifully laid patter... the bright yellow pollen along the edges of frame and circling the brood tells you a lot also.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just took a fast look today to see how the upper box is filling out and all I can say is wow Im gonna need more boxes soon:grin: Wood Plant Insect Table Line Beehive Apiary Pollinator Arthropod Insect

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Stop draggin your feet and keep up there Zoo. Looks real good all the way around. Jim

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"scratches head" I thought it was doing well, a month ago it was a 5 frame nuc now its just about 2 full 10 frame 9s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts