This forum is a ghost town

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeepsBees, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Austin

Austin Administrator

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well on this chilly Monday morning.

I'm open to suggestions as to how you guys think we can jump start the forum. We tried after worldwide was started but it seemed the long term members didn't want to come back so I'm at a loss as to how to get us going again.

If you would please share your ideas I would be greatly appreciative and we can talk this out to make this the best beekeeping forum on the web again!

2. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

We need new members. Ask questions, start threads. Austin, you can't do this all alone. Unless of course we put a beehive in your backyard, which is NOT a bad idea.

3. Austin

Austin Administrator

I agree, but I rent and they said no. I'm also not allowed to own chickens although everyone in my neighborhood has them. It's frustrating but hopefully the landlord will sell me the house sooner than later.

4. Austin

Austin Administrator

You guys have any thoughts on helping us get the community going again? I'm happy to do them if you do have them.

5. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

does the forum actively advertise for members in any bee magazines or within the industry?im trying to
    remember how I got to this forum, I believe another local bee keeper gave me the websight to look at..I dont think it was a google search..

6. Austin

Austin Administrator

No we don't. We don't advertise at all.

I think that would be a good idea. Let me talk to the team about that.

Any other suggestions?

7. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Member

I am on alot of forums( all different subjects) that seem to be dying a slow death, unkown if there is a new " In thing" to be on , but this isnt the only forum suffering such a down fall of activity, with all the social media outlets around I wonder if this is just old technology fading away..its a pitty as these forums offer a wealth of info..hopefully there will be an upswing in activity..

8. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

facebook has really hurt forums, and I am guilty of using it to keep up with my kids, and my bee club is on facebook, but the wealth of information that is to be had in just plain text, it isn't there.

As far as advertising, just being sure we are registered on search engines would be a good idea.

9. Austin

Austin Administrator

Facebook has hurt forums, that's true, but what we're seeing it s decline in new people which admittedly forums need to stay active. Most die hard forum users are still around unless they went to another site.