This may explain alot about beekeepers!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jan 6, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I couldn't resist.
    I have wondered at times why many of us in the beekeeping community are in our, shall I say, advanced years. I have always assumed that it was because over time, we had amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience, culminating in the realization that serenity and peace of mind can be achieved by working together with nature, an endeavor achieved by working with something as marvelous as the Honey Bee.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/201 ... study.html

Turns out we are just losing it! :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That's a known fact. Just look at the members of our congress.

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Perry, i like it when i'm lost in the world of serenity and peace of mind while working in nature with the honey bees. Then all of a sudden one of the girls will wake you up with the realization that there are things around that can hurt you, and you better pay more attention to your surroundings, letting you know your still alive :lol: Jack

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

and some of us just enjoy the 'very small' things in life? :drinks:

5. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

would that shattered serenity be like when I was removing the screening from a trap out and wasn't wearing a veil, and got popped 5 times in the face while retreating rapidly lol :chased:

6. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Rapidly does not quite have the alacrity of youthful beekeepers. You almost have to do it right because you cannot see, hear or run as fast as your young helpers.
    It is almost like the two guys on safari. The one still in the Land Rover asked the other why he was putting on his running shoes. He replied so I can run faster than you!

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Americasbeekeeper says:

"You almost have to do it right because you cannot see, hear or run as fast as your young helpers." :chased:

Perry responds while wiping away the tears of laughter:

"This bit of information deserves an award of some sort"! :lol: :rolling: :rotfl: