this one scares me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Jun 12, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

In the news down this way. There was a lawn maintance worker weed eating along a curb. When he was hit by a van. The man that hit him did not stop. The lady behind him called 911 and followed the man to his house several miles away. When police arrived at the home they found the man that had been struckl laying on the top of the van dead. Turns out the guy who hit him was a 67 year old DR. whos practice is in radiology. What is this world comming to

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOW that sounds like that one several years ago where a lady hit a guy along side of the road and he went theough her windshield, did not kill him. She drove home and parked in the garage. I forget who found him but as I remember it was the next day and he was still alive.

3. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

I read that grizzly story in the paper! The article I read stated that the damage to the vehicle was done on the driver's side. That tells me the driver had to go way of their lane to hit this poor unfortunate man. It was also reported the hood was extensively damaged, the windshield shattered and broken through. I can't wait to hear the blood test results. I feel so bad for the victim's family.
    What's with the strange happenings down in Wichita? First a "heat burst" and now this gruesome incident!

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

srvf yep the damage was to the drivers side front. I avoid wichita as much as possible. I will be willing to bet there was alcohol involved riverfest is going on and that is one big party for the most part. Heres a link to the local news that shows the van

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Driv ... 09904.html

5. letitbee

letitbee New Member

The truth is doctors kill more people every year than guns, weather, automobile crashes and just about anything else. Best advice I can give is to stay healthy if you can!

6. srvfantexasflood

Thanks for the link rat. I am still wondering if the police tested his blood alcohol level. Does a lapse in time between the accident and arrest void a sobriety test?
    I was in a hit and run wreck once. The driver turned himself in later. Of course he was sober by then.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

In the state of Kansas it is the law anytime there is an accident that results in death. Drivers of all vehicles involved must submit to a blood test. He should have been taken down immediately and tested. The arrest can come later. Although its the law I have seen in some cases where they didnt test the drivers. The thing that bothers me is the amount of bail and the charges. The Dr is not a US citizen they set his bail at $2500. Usually in a case like this the bond is much higher and the charges much more harsh, however, they may upgrade the charges in the future. I say hes a prime candidate to flee and leave the country.

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

9. srvfantexasflood

He was only charged with leaving the scene of a fatality accident. Hence the low bond.
    I feel bad for the victim's family. I am assuming that he at least had parents, siblings and maybe a wife and kids.

That reminds me of a hit and run that happened in Overland Park, KS a while back. A lady was working, in a flower bed, in her front yard when she was run over by a hit and run driver. They finally caught the driver, a teenager.

10. srvfantexasflood

Another news story out of Wichita. What's with Wichita lately? The incident involves defrauding the federal food stamp program out of $580,000.

11. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I try to avoid wichita as much as possible. Just like all cities its size it has its share of problems. I like my little town of 900 suits me fine anything bigger than that Im out of my element. :drinks:

12. srvfantexasflood

Wichita=BTK Just remembered that one! Ghoulish!

I went to school at Friend's University in Wichita. It was VERY different then.

13. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Our next door neighbors sister lived 2 doors down from BTK in park city. One of his victims lived on his same block. But it wasnt discovered he was involved until either just before his arrest or just after. Looking back all the neighbors cut down there shrubs and bushes around there houses on there block when the murder happend except for one house. yep the one that Dennis Rader AKA BTK and his family lived in. That was not noted until after his arrest.