this pretty much sums up the farmin this year in kansas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by riverrat, Sep 13, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

[​IMG]

The farmers are baling the beans, corn, and milo for hay. First time I have seen it this bad.

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Re: this pretty much somes up the farmin this year in kansas

funny picture not such a funny reality.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

they are baleing the beans they done did the corn and late milo. Beans the blooms came on but fell off before pollination. They are bringing in hay from nebraska and the eastern states. One farmer near here had to sell off his 500 herd beef operation because of the drought. not sure what they are going to do with the cotton it is not blooming we are starting to get rain but its to little to late. I didnt pull any honey this year as there wasnt enough and I didnt want to drive 40 miles every 2 days filling feeders.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Went to check my bees in St. Clair and Hickory Co. and seen farmers chopping their corn fields for silage and putting it in trence silo's, haven't seen that for quiet a spell. :roll: Jack

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

the cows are about gone from around here. the smart folks sold off at the first of the summer when there was still a bit of grass and water and the price was still elevated. now around some country feed stores there is an increasing crowd of unemployed cowboys who may be unemployed for years.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

farm report around here said most the cattle went to market which is going to lower beef prices at the sale barn. But we probly wont see it in the stores. But come next spring there will be a shortage of cattle and drive the prices up. which we will see at the store