Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident Yesterday morning. I would appreciate anyone who knows the worth of prayer to remember him and the family. He has a compound fracture of the upper left leg and shattered bone in the lower left leg, broke his jaw on both sides, knocked all his bottom teeth out, severely scraped and bruised as well.

He underwent 5 hours of surgery to repair the leg and jaw with more to come. He's stable in the ICU listed in critical condition. Here's a link to a local newscast:

;http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/story/Decatur-school-bus-involved-in-wreck-UPDATED/F4G4rBWroUuzyjX3eYtahw.cspx

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
prayers out to you and your family

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ronnie has improved greatly in the last 18 hours or so. The doctors had planned to leave him "out" until Friday morning and then gradually wake him up by reducing the pain medicines. He woke up on his own last night in ICU and they are moving him to a "managed care unit" this afternoon. He knew me and called me by name but didn't know our dad and sister.

Doctors said that's not so unusual at this stage and their main concern is infection setting up. His left leg had a compound fracture on the thigh which split the skin open to his knee and the lower leg was broken in 3 different places. His jaws were broken on both sides and have been pinned back in place. He had most of his bottom teeth knocked out and they have wired his mouth shut until the jaw bones mend. Will need reconstructive surgery inside his mouth later.

But he made a giant step toward recovery by waking up on his own and I thank all of you for every thought or prayer. More later.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Sent prayers for your brother's recovery

1 - 20 of 153 Posts