Thoughts and Prayers needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Glad to hear it. Maybe they can dance at the Christmas party. That would make a beautiful pic. ""Hint-Hint""

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Thanks for the update Wayne. A dance at Christmas would be a great way to celebrate!

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I've heard it said that it's nice when a young married couple "grows up together". Here we'll cheer for the "young" married couple that recovers health together----and may they spend many more healthy years together.

4. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

OK Wayne, I'm counting on it. I'm going to tell the "congregation" tomorrow that there's a chance for a Christmas dance. They'll be thrilled! :clapping:

Walt

5. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

A setback for Ronnie: Since the wires have been replaced with rubber bands his jaws have been sore. He thought it was from the chewing he was able to do with the rubber bands in place. When his jaws didn't get any better and actually started to swell, he went to the doctor and they determined his jaws are infected and he is now hospitalized again. They are running test to see what is causing the swelling and suspect pus pockets have formed above his gums. Bummer! We were giving him a surprise party at work this Friday. He planned on attending a retirement party being held for 2 co-workers who are retiring this month. We were going to make it include him also without him knowing it. Hopefully he will be able to attend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

6. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Darn (really meant something stronger). Prayers are with you and your entire family. I do hope that soon things will turn better...for now and into the future.

Walt

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Hopefully things will get better! :::fingers crossed:::

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Usually an infection is faster to "repair" than a broken bone. He'll get over it quickly and exercise those over-rested jaw muscles back to full strength and health in no time.
    Ronnie's got what it takes. This too will just become an unpleasant memory on the way to full recovery.
    We're still plugging along with him --ALL THE WAY.

9. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Update: Ronnie had surgery yesterday (Thursday) to have all the hardware / wires removed from his gums. It took about an hour and he was put to sleep for the procedure. He told me that his mouth felt much better with all the wires removed. After a few days of healing, he is going to the dentist to plan for dentures or bridgework to replace the teeth that were broken off in the accident. GE, the company he worked for, has turned him down on his application for a disability pension. His attorney is now working on that problem.

He has a rash that has developed on the wound where the leg bone came through the skin and the doctors are trying various anti-biotic creams etc to cure. So far nothing has helped. When they get that under control and his mouth / teeth are healed / repaired he said he'd be ready for that steak supper.

His wife is progressing as well recovering from having a knee replaced. So slowly but surely they are both on the mend. Thanks for your thoughts, concerns and prayers.

10. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Prayers continue. Looking forward to hearing about that steak dinner. :thumbsup:

Walt

11. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Thanks for the update Wayne. A steak dinner and a dance are in their future soon it seems. :thumbsup:

12. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I hope things get better soon.

13. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Such a devastating accident healing will be slow but sure with proper medical care. Do wish you brother and his wife the best wishes and god speed on their recovery. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Barry

14. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Update on Ronnie: Finally a bit of good news, GE medical called him yesterday and said he had been approved for a disability pension by the medical department. Now he has to complete the paperwork and be approved by the GE pension department to actually get a check again. They are sending the package to him now for him to complete and file.

And some bad news: His latest doctor's visit revealed that the little bone in his lower leg still had not grown back together and there was still some bone fragments in his ankle. The bone not healing suggest a lack of proper blood flow / circulation according to the doctor. It's been almost 8 months since the accident and the doctor thinks if it was going to heal it would have done so by now. They don't plan to do anything except watch it for now and check again in 3 months.

He will be 58 this Friday, the 15th. His wife is 58 today. The news of finally being approved for his disability pension was a huge morale booster / stress reliever. He has finally accepted that this is his new life and is ready to make the most of it. His wife has recovered from her knee replacement and is doing well.

I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart for any thought, prayer or reply to my updates you've offered on Ronnie's situation over the past several months. Unless something drastically changes, this will be my last update on this thread. I thank the moderators for allowing this thread to stay open and for each person's friendship, kindness and encouragement. May God Bless You all is my prayer.

Wayne

15. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Thanks for sharing, and allowing the fine folks here to help shoulder at least a small part of your families burden. :wink:

16. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Still sending thoughts and prayers! Tell them to hang in there! :)

17. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Sorry, Wayne, but the moderators aren't letting you off that easy. We still want updates from time to time. Maybe not as often, as changes likely won't come as fast, but when they do come, we want to hear it.

All the best to you and family.

18. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

I am very happy for your brother and his wife in that there is some very good news regarding his retirement. As for his leg am a bit confused as to why the doctors are " settling " for that result, best of luck a god bless

19. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

my thoughts, prayers and well wishes to you, your brother ronnie, and your family wayne. i'm with iddee, you can't not give us an update from time to time to let us know how things are going.....,cuz we will be wondering! i do understand where you are coming from though.
    you have my friendship and my thoughts....
    riverbee

20. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Happy Birthday to JoAnn for today and an upcoming Happy Birthday to Ronnie. Considering where Ronnnie started after that terrible accident, he's come a long way and done an amazing recovery. We'll pray for his little bone too.

Please don't close this thread. You needn't give us regular reports, but an occasional update---even if only after his next check-up in three months---will be appreciated. After all, by now we're part of Ronny's extended family. :grin: