Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First real swarm call this year came in on Friday night / Saturday morning... I was surprised at how big it was... it was the size of my wife's torso. I had to use three hive boxes to put them in.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats awesome. I never would've have dreamed that there were that many feral swarms around here. I just got a call today that I referred to G3, he was already doing another swarms when I call. This is just so awesome.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
First real swarm call this year came in on Friday night / Saturday morning... I was surprised at how big it was... it was the size of my wife's torso. I had to use three hive boxes to put them in.
Now I have heard of swarms described in many ways, but ....................................! :shock: :lol: :rolling:
Did your wife approve of this message?
Ben, Ben, Ben...............:rotfl:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got any pics?
I'm afraid not, I was in too big a hurry, I only had half an hour to get them because I had to take my son to speech therapy.

I got an afterswarm today that was as big as a normal swarm from the same property... but I also got a call from the orchard my bees are pollinating and one of my hives swarmed at the same time. So I ran by this one and quickly lopped off the branch, tossed it in the box and ran up to the orchard to get that one hived.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did your wife approve of this message?
After two black eyes and a lump on the skull, I finally saw the error of my original message. :lol:

Naw, she doesn't read these forums... she could care less about beekeeping.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
lets see I have picked up. basketball, football and cup sized swarms. But never a torso swarm. :grin::rolling:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had to describe it in terms of basketballs, I guess it would be 3 basketballs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts