Three hive body swarm

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

First real swarm call this year came in on Friday night / Saturday morning... I was surprised at how big it was... it was the size of my wife's torso. I had to use three hive boxes to put them in.

2. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Thats awesome. I never would've have dreamed that there were that many feral swarms around here. I just got a call today that I referred to G3, he was already doing another swarms when I call. This is just so awesome.
    Got any pics?

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Now I have heard of swarms described in many ways, but ....................................! :shock: :lol: :rolling:
    Did your wife approve of this message?
    Ben, Ben, Ben...............:rotfl:

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I'm afraid not, I was in too big a hurry, I only had half an hour to get them because I had to take my son to speech therapy.

I got an afterswarm today that was as big as a normal swarm from the same property... but I also got a call from the orchard my bees are pollinating and one of my hives swarmed at the same time. So I ran by this one and quickly lopped off the branch, tossed it in the box and ran up to the orchard to get that one hived.

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

After two black eyes and a lump on the skull, I finally saw the error of my original message. :lol:

Naw, she doesn't read these forums... she could care less about beekeeping.

6. riverrat

riverrat New Member

lets see I have picked up. basketball, football and cup sized swarms. But never a torso swarm. :grin::rolling:

7. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

If I had to describe it in terms of basketballs, I guess it would be 3 basketballs.