Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures are taken about 5 minutes from where I live. This is a tidal river that connects to the Bay of Fundy.
These tides happen twice a day, so you have a low tide and a high tide every 6 hours. Amazing to see the difference. You can actually watch the tide come in and out.
In some areas up here they have "tidal bore rafting", where they take you out in a rubber boat and you can ride the biggest wave of the tide, "the bore", in.
There was a guy there today fishing for striped bass and eel.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Those are some pretty neat pictures. OOOOO, Iddee, I like flounder! I had flounder for the first time while living in Cherry Grove area of North Myrtle Beach in SC one summer...gooooooooood eatin!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know we had flounder on the South Shore (Lunenburg) but I don't know if they would be up in the tidal rivers. This water is so muddy it's hard to believe there are any fish in it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That is pretty amazing that there can be that much difference in just a short while. And that it happens over and over again.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hall's Harbour is 20 minutes away, best ice cream around sold there :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
I have someone that is going to let me keep as many hives as I want on West Halls Harbour Road on a large acreage of fallow land. I am not sure what winters will be like there but the summers should be good, no bears on the North Mountain.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hall's Harbour is 20 minutes away, best ice cream around sold there :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
I have someone that is going to let me keep as many hives as I want on West Halls Harbour Road on a large acreage of fallow land. I am not sure what winters will be like there but the summers should be good, no bears on the North Mountain.
Just make sure you place them during high tide...lol

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great video... That is so cool! I'm impressed by the sailors who can tie off to the non-floating pier in the background and not end up hanging from the dock lines, or floating into the adjacent boat.

I tried to visit the Bay of Fundy on a bicycle tour back in the late '80's. I was there just as Hurricane Bob hit, and it poured rain the day we were to hike to watch the tide come in, so it was cancelled due. Bummer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts