Time to Add Another...

Discussion in 'Bees' started by ablanton, May 5, 2012.

1. ablanton

ablanton New Member

[video=youtube;wB665iyZC5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB665iyZC5I&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Ablanton,
    If you are confident enough to be working the bees without a veil and wearing a sleeveless shirt, you should have no problem doing away with the gloves. Save them for the occcasions when you NEED a veil and sleeves.
    All told, Nice job. Your son has a great future as an announcer. Your wife, as a photographer. And the three of you as a "do it together" family. :grin:

3. ablanton

ablanton New Member

Efmesch,

Thanks for the kind words about the family. They're just as excited as I am.

And, yes, I'm sure I'll get popped sooner or later! I'm not all that scared of getting stung, though. As many times as I've gotten into yellow jackets, honey bees will be easy enough to bear.

The gloves are not for fear of stings. I just get really irritated by sticky hands!

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Very nice. Great surroundings, birds chirping in the background, eager son, helpful wife, does it get any better? :thumbsup:

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

lol, sticky hands.....:lol:

btw very, very cool!

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I understand that point well. After I finish, I go through a lot of hand cleaning, especially of propolis. Only sticky gloves aren't much better while you're working the hives. Leather gloves keep their stickiness, rubber/latex gloves are cheap enough to be thrown away. :dontknow: