Time to fess up....

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by BjornBee, Dec 25, 2009.

1. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

So what did you get? What beekeeping equipment ended up under the tree? :Dancing:

And if you did not get that bee equipment you wanted, how many lame presents are you going to sneak back to the store so you can get that bee stuff you really wanted? :lol:

:drinks:

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No bee stuff. A wide screen monitor for the computer and all the regulars grandpas get.
    Best part was the company that came to visit.

3. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I feel the same way. Of course I know they are all leaving at the end of the evening.... :Dancing:

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Had our Christmas yesterday. Son and daughter and their families, 5 grandchildern total ,ages 26 months to 18 yrs. old, 2 boys 3 girls. One of my wifes brothers and his wife.( to much food) No bee supplies, but our son gave us a box full of things made from bees, (hand lotion, honey butter body lotion (what's that :confused: } and more stuff he got from some bee store in Col. on vacation. My three brothers families and mine are getting together at 2 pm. today for another meal, (anyone know of a good diet plan?) We just finished straighten out the house,still haven't found one phone and my truck keys. I'm now sitting here before we go, looking at the patio door, wondering how foot prints got almost to the top of the glass :confused: Jack

5. rast

rast New Member

No bee stuff. Wife bought us a new digital camera and gifted it to me. Father inlaw and wife stopped by and had lunch with us.

6. Bitty Bee

Bitty Bee New Member

I got some swarm lures!
    The best gift, however, was getting time to spend with family and friends!!! :D

7. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I got pots and pans!!!! And I got to spend some time with some of my favorite people on earth....it just don't get any better than that.

8. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well my son got a new children's bee suit and gloves from Dadant, courtesy of his grandparents (I MIGHT have hinted at the possibility of him getting stung to pieces if he didn't have one... lol), and I got money to spend on beekeeping stuff.

9. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

No bee stuff received. Did make gifts of my precious honey that, I'm glad to say, was truly appreciated.

10. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

bee suit for the kids here too....................thinking about a Gloomis pole for myself

11. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Didn't get any bee keeping stuff here either. Did get a gift card from a lumber company so I can buy the stuff to make hive bodies and screen bottom boards.
    Also got a blue tooth for the cell phone. I hate it when I get a swarm call when I am elbow deep in a bee hive and can't reach the phone.

:D Al

12. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Got a subscription to Bee Culture, and my nephew made me a refigerator magnet that is a flower with a bee on it that is really quite good! My sister baked 7-grain honey bread using the honey I gave her last Christmas.

13. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Shame on your sister. That honey should have been used up by Feb. How are the beeks gonna make a living with that kind of consumption?

14. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I gave her goldenrod honey. Apparently she does not like the taste!

She may not eat lots of honey, but as long as she keeps baking bread, I'll keep her! Her cheddar cheese bread is ooh la la! And sweet potato biscuits, and...

15. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I did get two bottles of mead from one of my customers/texas beekeeping amigos.

does that qualify?

16. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I got a bottle of mead from one of my co-workers. He got a bottle of honey... hmm... I'm liking this arrangement.

I have an anniversary comming up, and I already know my wife's getting me a new bee suit, I know this because she asked me to pick out the one I want (I currently have a hat and veil, and have been using a tyvek painters suit to cover the rest... it has worked well, 0 stings, but the tyvek is incredibly hot). I haven't yet picked out what I want but I'm thinking a one-piece cotton suit with the attached veil like the ones they were using in "the last beekeeper".

17. Michael Palmer

Michael Palmer New Member

Third edition Hive and the Honeybee, 1862. Nice addition to my collection

18. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

I bought myself an Ultra Breeze jacket/hood combo. It arrived Christmas Eve and I opened it Christmas morning. Thank you, Self! (And thanks to wifey who said "If there's something you want, get it.")

19. G3farms

G3farms New Member

No bee stuff, just the usual stuff for ol dad. Donna did surprise us all with a Wii, have been playing that and it is a blast. First video game we have had.

Did find a small stainless Kelly smoker, helmet for a veil, and about 100 sheets of wired foundation for $30 the other week.

G3

20. HAB

HAB New Member

Suit for Granddaughter.
    EMMA, age 2 checking her Nuc Dec 09>

[​IMG]