Tiny bubbles along top edge of bottled honey

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Murrell, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Murrell

Murrell New Member

Granny Good Cook told me to find out how come our honey has a rim of tiny bubbles around the edge. :confused:

I strain it from the extractor thru nylon " bridal veil material ", into 4 gal. buckets,
    leave set several days, then pour into 5 gal bottleing buckets leave set over nite,
    then try to drain down the sides of bottle to fill.
    The bottled honey after a few days, does not show air bubbles to the eye, except for the slight ring at the top.
    I try to bottle at 90+ degrees.

No complaints about it, but just don't look good, [ I think, per Granny Good Cook ]

Thanks
    Murrell

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

this is air trapped in the honey via pouring and filtration. If you had left the honey in the bottling container for a while longer there would have been less bubbles. unless you are extremely patient there always seems to be some. it usually shows up in my quart jars more than pints... which I think is more about the shape of the container than anything else.

3. rast

rast New Member

You can also get it if your bottling container is getting low and you are drawing from the surface of the honey level in the container.

4. scdw43

scdw43 New Member

You can use plastic wrap or wax paper laid on top of the honey in the bucket before you bottle it to get 99% of it off.

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

i dont worry to much about them bubbles.Just another sign they are getting fresh from the farm honey. If they dont want bubbles in the honey there best bets would be a grocery store :D

6. larry tate

larry tate New Member

After it sits in the 4 gallon bucket for 4 days make sure to skim off the top with a spatula. It removes the air bubbles and slum. We let it sit for a week. Hope this helps