todays removal

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, May 18, 2014.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

in a wall of an old Florida house, everything went well, they were ready to swarm, I found 3 queen cwlls capped and also found alot of eggs, thing is I never saw the queen.

Attached Files:

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

Another great catch there Zookeep.

‚ÄčKen

3. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

On picture 2 was that picture taken when the wall was first opened up before you started vacuuming up bees? If so the bee population on the bottom frames below the diagonal brace look a little sparse and they may have already swarmed. With out seeing the queen there is no way to tell. If she is in the hive and got vacuumed up and then placed in the hive thith the cells she could and most likely will still swarm. you could have either placed the brood above a queen excluder and checked the next morning if the queen was below the excluder on the vacuum box still of put the frames you transferred the queen cells to in a separate nuc to save the cells until you could determine whether there was a queen in the hive. Interested in hearing what you did. Nice work you clean up and reassemble really well. I bet the home owners apreciat this and aren't afraid to recommend you to others. Keep up the professional looking jobs and thanks for posting.