Today's the day

Discussion in 'Family' started by crackerbee, May 5, 2011.

1. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Today is a great day for me,my little girl gets her hard earned diploma from the University of South Florida.She's worked very hard for it ,and I couldn't be more proud of her.It is a bitter sweet moment for me however,because this coming Monday she's moving up to Knoxville Tenn. to join her boyfriend that moved there last Sept.after he landed a great job there,and I'm going to miss her very much.When they've been with you for 25 years and then suddenly are gone,it leaves a very big hole in your heart :( .I'm driving up with her towing a trailer with her belongings,to help her get settled in.

Here's her graduation pic and also one with her and my other pride and joy that will also graduate from U.S.F. this time next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Yeh,i know what you mean. My little girl got married and moved out 24 yrs. ago. Still makes me sad to walk by her room knowing she's not there.But, she gave me three grand kids to make me happy. :thumbsup:.Same with my son, he gave me two grandaughters and said he's through, that two weddings is enough to pay for. :lol: Jack

PS. Crackerbee, it's tough but time heals. :cry:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Absolutely, unequivocally, and totally beautiful. Congrats. Don't worry, you can raise'em, but you can't wean'em. They just keep coming back.
    My daughter just became a grandmother last month. They still come to the old man for help. :shock: :lol:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Crackerbee you sure have some good looking kids there! Tell your daughter "Welcome to Knoxville" for me. I live in the west end in Concord/Farragut area, if you got time give me a shout and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

5. crackerbee

crackerbee New Member

Thanks for the compliment G3 and Ill surely pass the welcome on to them :wave: ,and coffee and good company sounds great to me.I'll bee there until this coming Fri. or Sat. morning(not sure yet what day we're leaving),and that leaves plenty of time to get together.The daughter and her boyfriend will be living near or in Maryville(can't remember which),how far is that from the Concord/Farragut area?I'll PM you my contact info,and you're more than welcome to give me ring.If all goes well on the way up there(no truck or trailer troubles)I should arrive up there on the evening of the 9th,so from Tues. morning would be a good time to reach me.

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Can do, Maryville is just on the other side of the river from me, about 20 minute drive. I sent you a pm also. Have a safe trip.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Look at it this way Crackerbee, you now have TWO great reasons to visit Tenn. First is to see your daughter and the second is to enjoy a good cup of coffee with a member of this great beekeeping fraternity! Wish I could join you guys. :D

P.S. - you have two good looking reasons to be very proud as well. :thumbsup:

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Awww perry I'm not that good looking :lol: :lol:

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:rolling: :rotfl: