Tom's of Maine Toothpaste

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by srvfantexasflood, Mar 13, 2011.

1. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Found this toothpaste and thought some of you beekeeps might be interested in knowing about it. While shopping at a organic market I noticed that Tom's of Maine toothpaste has a variety called Propolis and Myrrh. As propolis has anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight bacteria, I thought this sounded pretty good. I bought a tube. It was pricey, but time will tell how it works. It contains sodium lauryl sulfates, which cause sores in some people's mouths, my son included.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I have heard of it, but found it's cheaper to scrape propolis from the end of a frame and chew it. It softens just like chewing gum.

3. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

I have used this brand, but to be honest, I just can't afford it. I'd really like to use it regularly, but...

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I haven't seen this in the stores at all yet, but maybe it will be a less expensive option http://www.colgate.com.my/app/Colgate/M ... QPage.cvsp

You would be surprised how many different oral care products are available with propolis in them! A quick google search will give you a full days' reading. I have used propolis to make a spray for sore throats and laryngitis with such good results that preacher friends of ours and families who travel in music ministry have called asking for more quite a few times.

You can make a tincture of propolis or a water based solution of it and use with a waterpik too. I've been contemplating doing this for my hubby as he has some complicated dental issues and it would be a less expensive alternative than some of the other things we've tried.

5. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Mama Beek- I swear you are a fountain of knowledge! Ever think of writing a book?

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

LOL, I just really like to read and am fortunate enough to retain a lot of information!