Tonight's Dinner

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by Walt B, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

This is just "bragging".
    Tonight with dinner we had sweet corn, new potatoes, parsley, and tomato...all from our gardens. :yahoo:

We've been getting squash for the last few weeks. Shallots are hanging to dry in the barn and it won't be long until we dig onions and garlic.

Now if the girls would just cooperate with the honey...:beg:

Walt

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

th.jpg
    Hey Grandpa....What's for supper?

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

My garden is not that far along yet. Tators did not make it the seed rotted in the ground after it rained for three days solid, tomatoes almost as big as a golf ball, onions are standing tall, beans, corn, okra, cucumbers and cantaloupe all about 6 to 8 inches tall. Can't wait!!!

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Been watching my neighbor's garden. I'll be in there picking soon.

Less work that way. :D

5. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

Had lettuce, spinach, onions, and radishes, out of the garden already. My potato's didn't make it either, i let the radishes bloom, the bees love them and work them all day.Beans, okra, cucumbers, and melons, just coming up, and one acre of sweet corn is about 8" tall and another acre of sweet corn just sprouting. The ground has been so wet i can't cultivate it, and i haven't got one tomato plant out yet, but i do have 400 plants setting on a flat bed trailer.:roll:. Jack

6. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Yeah, it was a weird spring. However, the corn is almost waist high now and the peppers are big but it'll take a while to turn orange. Luckily it's been raining regularly. And luckily, my parents have been tending the garden the past few weeks. But I'm going to hook up the sprinklers next week anticipating dry spells.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:rolling::rolling::rolling: