Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call @ 7:25PM, a swarm in a small oak tree. Ho Hum, how long have they been there? "All day." Compare it to a ball, baseball, softball, etc. "Basketball"! 6 miles away. OK, now you got my attention. Loaded swarm box w/comb and necessaries in wife's Explorer (wife with flashlight included). An hour later I set a volleyball sized swarm behind my house. Putting the swarm in the box was a nonevent. The event was getting to educate the daughter's that scared Daddy sent to show me where the bees were. I talked them through every thing I did and why. Explained about being allergic to bees which is their Daddy's fear and really enjoyed their excitement more than getting another box of bees.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Daddy got a hold of me today and wanted to know if I would tutor his daughter in keeping bees. He said she hadn't shut up about it. Of course I said yes and told him to get her a veil and jacket.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
That sounds great, sparked the interest of a young lady into wanting to learn more.

I just know you will do a great job on teaching her.

How old is she?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's about 17 so interest can change faster than boyfriends G3.

Mama Beek said:
that girl has a smart daddy
UH, not according to his father in-law whom I know very well.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
LOL, well maybe the father-in-law is biased? I was referring to his having contacted you to teach the girl about the bees...... it seems that not every interested person thinks to find a teacher/mentor when their child develops an interest in a hobby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts