Beekeeping Forums banner

Took my first class...and it was first class

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tecumseh 
#1 ·
Had my first beginners beekeeping class at Candlestick park in San Francisco last Sunday.

My first chance to don the suit and hold frames of honey and bees.

You may all have done this a thousand times before but to me it was an amazing experience.
Thousands of little insects busy like, well, bees. No blood thirsty swarm, just a buch of chill little ladies going about their business.

Our instructor gave a great beginners class and is setting up to run some more advanced classes. I will have to check those out.

Now I just need to find somebody local who could use a little slave labor so i can get some experience before attempting my own hives.

#9 ·
I'm here! Thanks Iddee for the PM. I just got back from Guatemala last night on a two week excursion. Neeno, I have more folks than I can handle right now for mentoring but if you'd like to come to one of our meetings you are sure to find someone. We meet the second Wednesday night of the month. www.sfbee.org for more info. Hope to see you there.

#10 ·
a snip..
You may all have done this a thousand times before but to me it was an amazing experience.
Thousands of little insects busy like, well, bees. No blood thirsty swarm, just a buch of chill little ladies going about their business.

tecumseh:
to paraphrase a fairly young fellow during my own live bee demo at our own bee school this spring..... with frame of bees in hand and a large grin on his fact that just made you know he was throughly enjoying himself he said.... 'so scary, but so cool'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.