Took one for the team today

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zulu, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Zulu

Zulu Member

Doing my normal mowing ritual, but as my mower is broken used m neighbors machine

Took a first pass close to the BoyScout hives and nonissue , but came past second time about 4 ft away and they let me have it. First two on my calf, next two in my hair / head, and by the time I counted about 10 tags I decided to bail, as the mower wasn't travelling quick enough.

luckily no one to see me run shirtless away from the mower.LOL

came back after about 3 minutes and gave them a wide berth.

Few Benedryl and an Advil and back to rest of mowing. Never had an issue before

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Undoubtedly, they were protecting your turf from a foreign invader. You should have introduced them to the neighbor's mower. :rolling::rotfl:

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I would like to have seen a video of you running like a wild man from borneo, ha!

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Must have been a "Toro"! :lol: :rolling:

5. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

My entomologist son says that large animals and gas engines both emit large amounts of carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide triggers the girls to defend against the large animal. I can see you leaving the mower because it wasn't fast enough.

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Different vibrations. With my weed eater on half choke, I can go right up next to the hives. On full run, they attack in groves.

Bush hogging with my diesel, they attack the exhaust area, but don't bother me in the driver's seat.