Trap out call

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Got a trap out call from working the Honey Show at the fair. I am going to go ahead and start it even though it's way too late in the year to start a new hive, but I will add the bees to existing weak hives to strengthen them for the winter.

The bees are behind a brick wall and behind the sheet-rock of an apartment which made a cut-out not feasible since there is a tenant in the apartment.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Make life easier. Use a weak hive as the trap box. When full, remove it and replace it with another weak hive.

3. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well, neither was working too well, so I went about it a bit of a different way... I went out with my bee vac, and spent half the day vacuming up bees at the entrance. I filled my box and went home just before the sun set. I'm going to head back out and do the same thing again Tuesday to reduce their numbers even further. As for the honey in the wall, I figure it'll get robbed out once the hive has been weakened enough. I noticed there were a lot of yellow-jackets trying to pick on the hive even as I was vacuuming them out, so perhaps it will be yellow-jackets that finally rob them out.