Treatment for bee sting

Discussion in 'Pests and Diseases' started by RalphNiles, May 4, 2017.

1. RalphNiles

RalphNiles New Member

Hi all,
    My mother is passionate about beekeeping. Last day, While she was out in the garden, she accidentally got stung by a couple of bees. Her hands were slightly disfigured because of the marks and would require treatment. Still, she is planning to continue with beekeeping.

One of my friends suggested that c-care provides home care services along with wound care ( http://www.c-care.ca/services/post-surgery-nursing-support-care/ ). Is this option reliable? Has anyone over here been bitten by bees before? What did you do to treat the marks? Could you share your ideas on how to cure it? Should my mother apply any medicine before going for treatment?

2. camero7

camero7 Member

Those marks go away in a couple of weeks, unless you get stung again, then you have new marks... My hands are covered with them, part of beekeeping. No treatment needed.

3. paint504

paint504 Member

Yeah they eventually go away. When I started beekeeping I would swell up bad when I got stung but now it's no big deal. I'm assuming I'm starting to build up a tolerance.

4. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Because I have a lot of other allergies and do not want to develop a beesting allergy, I treat stings promptly if I can, with a dab of bleach after scraping the stinger out, and I take a benadryl (diphenhydramine 25 mg) immediately. If I can do the bleach, or baking soda water immediately before the sting swells closed, I rarely have a mark from the sting or swelling beyond the first hour or 2

5. RalphNiles

RalphNiles New Member

Thank you, friends, for all your suggestions.

6. Beezly

Beezly New Member

I swell up pretty bad too when I started. I have allergies and take benadryl too