Tree cutter cut tree, tree cutter went home......FAST

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Iddee, May 23, 2011.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Jack called, said he had me some bees. Jack has kept bees for over 60 years. Suspicion crept in quickly. Then I found out why he was giving them away. Yes, Perry, I do have a chainsaw when needed. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I like the "automatic wedge" way better than the manual one (unless somebody else wants to run it :lol: ).

Jack looks right at home sitting there looking at the bees!!

Did you find the queen?

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

No. Haven't seen her. Plan to requeen in a week anyway if my graft does well.

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

That's not me folks, i quit wearing overalls while working bees years ago. You would be surprised how fast you can run out of a pair of them when bees come in the sides of them and crawl down your legs :shock: The other Jack :lol:

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I am astounded that the vibration of the saw going through the tree wouldn't have those bees lighting you up! (again, no suit)
    When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it meant the bees chased you away FAST, and I thought, this I gotta see, what does it take to make Iddee RUN :shock: :mrgreen:

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Brooks is the young Jack in this case. The Jack watching the cutout is 86 years old. :D

No, the tree cutter that dropped the tree hasn't been seen since the tree hit the ground.
    Iddee was left to clean up the mess.

Again, I just told the ladies I was giving them a new, nicer home, so they walked right in. :p :Dancing:

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Brought the hive home tonight. Took them three days to clean the honey out of the tree.

8. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Checked the hive today. First frame I pulled, nice large queen and many eggs. Put it back and closed it up. That's all I needed to see. :thumbsup: :D