Truck Problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brooksbeefarm, Jan 10, 2011.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm Active Member

Well, i don't know what i did when i put things back together, but yesterday mourning and this mourning it started up and kept running. :confused: I'm happy that it runs, but what i can't figure out? if gas wasn't coming through the fuel pump to the carb. when the wife turned the starter over (many times).how did it keep running after i primed it, and kept starting the rest of the day.??? Jack

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The trash in the line moves. It will be back to bite you again at the most inopportune moment.

3. Buzzbee

Buzzbee New Member

If you prime it and start it the pump pumps faster than when just cranking. This may overcome a hose sucking air.
    I assume this truck has a hei igntion. Pull the cap and be sure the coil has not burned through the cap . Also be sure the igntion arcing has not frozen the advance weights beneath the rotor in the distributor. This can make an engine unusually hard to start.

4. brooksbeefarm

What ever i did when i checked the things in my last post seems to have fixed it for now :confused: It cranks alittle longer before it starts now, but again i'm not using it much right now like i will later in the Truck Garden. Jack

5. brooksbeefarm

Problem solved, i hope. :roll: Got tired of pouring gas down the carb. when it wouldn't start on these cold windy mournings and took it to the auto repair shop. They found a small hole (rusted out) in the gasline between the gas tank and fuel pump, said it was sucking air and not letting the gas through.Told him to fix the brakes while he had it, they went out on me and i had to use the emergency brake to stop it on the way to his shop. :eek: Thanks to all for your ideas,sometimes it's something you wouldn't think of. :confused: Jack
    PS, what's odd, i never seen any gas leak and i looked hard. :confused:

6. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

An interesting site to locate no ethanol gas stations.

http://pure-gas.org/

7. brooksbeefarm

We do have some Ethanol free gas stations around, but have to drive a long ways to get to them. :roll: Jack