True Story

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side...PG-13' started by Walt B, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. Walt B

    Walt B New Member

    Messages:
    1,146
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    This little piece of news was listed on a local TV web site. Even though it's not a joke, I thought it belonged on "The Lighter Side".

    "DALLAS (March 15, 2011)—Nathan Wayne Pugh, 49, of Sachse, whose attempt to rob a Dallas bank was thwarted by a teller who requested two forms of identification from him, is headed to federal prison.

    A federal judge sentenced Pugh Tuesday to more than eight years behind bars.

    Last July, prosecutors say, Pugh attempted to rob a Wells Fargo Bank in Dallas while on parole for two earlier aggravated robberies.

    The teller stalled and told Pugh that he needed two forms of ID before she could hand over the cash he demanded.

    Pugh showed her his Wells Fargo debit card, then a Texas state ID card bearing his name.

    Pugh was caught as he tried to flee with $800.

    He pleaded guilty in October to the bank robbery count.

    His 102-month sentence will run consecutive to the 25-year terms he must serve for the previous robberies."


    It's probably just as well he's in jail. It seems he needs some "look'in after".

    Walt
     
  2. tecumseh

    tecumseh New Member

    Messages:
    6,487
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    A long time ago Walt one of my friends worked at the state pen in Florida teaching English. He painted to me a profile that about 95% of the convicts were about like the above Mr Pugh. He also made the comment that the remaining 5% likely had raw IQ scores of +135.
     

  3. Murrell

    Murrell New Member

    Messages:
    382
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    We are located along I-44, and have one of the main drug check locations in the country.

    Most stops are Tex-Mex mules trying to make a couple quick thousand $'s.

    About 85% are stopped for speeding, driving in the passing lane, driving with turn signal flashing, etc.