TWO WOLVES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iddee, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Iddee

Iddee New Member

TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

That's a good story, one of my favorites. I'll never forget the first time I heard it either. An old cherokee lady who lived on the farm down the road from us told it to me the day I ran away from home after a fight with my little brother and hid out in her barn. It was a good lesson that day and every day since then.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

yep nice story iddee. I will pass that on to miss tecumseh.. I think she will like it also.

I think one of the greatest classical lesson is :

There are three great conflicts in life 1) man against nature, 2) man against man and 3) man against himself. pretty much listed in there degree of difficulty I would suggest.

4. cow pollinater

cow pollinater New Member

tecumseh, you forgot man versus wife... Or are we discarding that one as a classic conflict since we always lose?

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

uh huh cow pollinator.... I would guess man would like to ignore those battle he know he will always loose.

6. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Does this apply to panthers too? :)

Good one iddee. Thanks for reminding me/us.

7. XLB

XLB New Member

neat story iddee, i'll remember that one for a long time. who told it to you?