Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a picture in my ABC XYZ and Hive and Honey Bee books that shows one of those old time hive moving trucks, the kind in the movie Ulee's Gold.

Has anybody ever see one of these rigs? Does anyone know of one that might be for sale (cheap), even if it was just the lift?
I would like to find something that works like this but doesn't cost an arm/leg/first born, etc. The new ones from Australia are nice but way out of my league ($$$$).
It looks like it would work well for a keep working on his own.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
'consider this a bribe'

pm sundance. I know at one time he talked like he had one at his place in North Dakota that had been reworked but was not on a truck.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yeah, I know where one is setting down here in Fl. Friend of mine has it. Pretty rough, from the 50's. On a 50's truck. Don't know what he'd want for it and I sure wouldn't want to pay freight to get it to Canada.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
a rast snip..
On a 50's truck.

tecumseh:
I would guess the truck is not road worthy? how long is the bed and would you friend consider parting with this jewel? does he have a title for the truck?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Definitely not road worthy or I would own it:smile:. Rough shape. Drove to where it is setting and parked late 70's or early 80's I think.
No promises, I will try to see him, maybe get a picture this next week. Title, probably, it was his dads truck and he kept bees after his dad died. I do know the hive lifting part was rusted completely away.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that is a nice truck, just a little too far away though. Boy would that come in handy. Really clean looking unit. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts