vandalism

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Zookeep, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

3 hives bashed up, 1st bees were able to be saved, 2nd bees are gone, and 3rd queens dead along with half the bees, never can understand vandals, its pointless other then just being nasty to others (cant use the words I would like to) they left the 2 poles they used to bash them up 10 feet from the hives, with any luck they were stung to the point of near death, dont want them dead just in the hospital hooked up to life support for a month:ranting:

2. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Sorry to hear Zoo, Like you I hope the girls got in a few shots.

3. jim314

jim314 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that and I to hope they got in a LOT of shots !!

4. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

Been there, sorry for your loss!

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

File a police report and have the cops check around the hospital for any kids coming in that were stung up.

A game camera placed in the right spot might get you some answers, they will return to check out their work.

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I would ask the cops to dust the sticks for prints.

7. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Sorry for your losses I hope the catch the scoundrels

8. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Sorry to hear that....I would hunt them down and arrest them for ya if I were in your jurisdiction...

9. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

Sorry to hear about that. It's a terrible feeling to have that happen. More than likely teens or young adults. I also recommend a well concealed trail camera. Photos of your culprits will seal there fate. In the 15 years I spent in law enforcement, I used trail camera pictures over a dozen times as evidence in theft and vandalism cases with a 100% conviction rate. More times than not the judge would order the defendant to pay for damages or replacement of items as well. Trail cameras...they work!

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Zookeep, sorry to say, but I know what you mean. Vandalism is a real shocker when you discover it. Intersting to note, I too have found that the vandals leave their stick behind. I wonder why?
    I think the only thing worse than vandalism is theft. While I haven;t experiencd that (yet, thank God) it sometimes disturbs my sleep from worry when I hear of other keeps who've been robbed of their hives or their honey or both.

11. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Sorry for your losses. I've been there. It makes you feel sick.

In recent years, I have strapped my hives. If they are pushed over there is more chance of survival. It's a pain having to do it.

As a weird fellow, I have a notice fastened to the side of a couple of hives. "BEWARE --- Bee stings can kill" I hope it makes them think twice.

12. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Like many others here, I too have had this unfortunate experience. It is a sickening feeling.
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it's not right!