Very Happy Newbies...................

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by 40 Acre Bees, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 40 Acre Bees

40 Acre Bees New Member

216.jpg 217.jpg 218.jpg 219.jpg 220.jpg

Went in to take a look today..... Boy were we happy at what we saw! Any comments. Started with two nucs in the spring and expect a good batch of honey in the next couple of weeks

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

FANTASTIC AND ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Can't get enough of seeing pristine white capped honey frames.

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

definitely what blueblood said.... frosted white capping... how much more beautiful can it possible get?

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Hi 40, great looking frames the bees have done fine building them out. what foundation did you use in the frames? By the looks of the frames your bees have been in a good flow, or have you been feeding syrup to get the comb drawn?

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

If that was foundation-less, I would be cutting that up and devouring. My mouth is watering like Pavlov's dogs just thinking about it...:thumbsup:

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

OK 40A! :thumbsup: So you've already "graduated" to 9 frame spacing for your honey supers. Those frames are mighty heavy. Be careful when you extract, new frames are easily broken when they carry a load like you've collected.
    Enjoy every drop of that beautiful, hard earned (by your working girls) honey. Remember to leave them their fair share so they can give you a repeat performance next year. :grin:

7. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

Looking good. Nucs can be very productive under the right conditions. I had a Nuc last year that produced 180 lbs of excess honey. But I think that was exceptional. The two Nucs that I have this year produced about 50 LBS of excess honey each this year. Make sure you leave them at least 60 LBS of honey to winter on (more if you can't feed in the spring). That's about 12 frames like the one you posted. I think our winters are a little more severe and we leave 80 Lbs or so. You should also be thinking about mite treatments after the honey is off.