Views ...... Do I smell a rat ??

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Barbarian, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I am puzzled by the stats displayed.

Recent new threads have only single figure replies yet the views are up into the thousands. Is something cooking the books ?

I don't want a catalogue of Russian mail order brides ...... Lady B gets very upset at that.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

Which thread? And the whole internet can see your posts and can accumulate views. They can see nothing more than what you put out on the post. Just log out and see what information you are putting out for the complete world wide web.

3. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I posted this thread yesterday. According to the display it has had nearly 700 views yet only 1 reply. I am suspicious that a forum which has less than 10 new posts per day gets so many hits.

This forum lists 2700 members. Another forum I use has 11000 members, regularly gets 30+ new posts per day yet a new thread started yesterday has much fewer views than this forum.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

No need to be suspicious, this forum was popular, then not, and now working on rebuilding. And 2700, is much less than 11000. So comparing the two is not equal.

If you keep posting, one of those mysterious viewers may log in and answer you or make a comment.

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Currently I see 40 people in various forums at any given time. But very few new posts. The beekeeping forum and beekeeping 101 have about 20 readers each. I suspect when these folks get their bees they will have a few questions, and we will be here