WARNING Do NOT buy from BeeBabys.com

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Medic1259, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Warning do not buy from beebabys.com

http://stores.beebabys.com/StoreFront.bok

I placed an order last month ($220) and never recieved any items. They would not respond to emails and the phone would just ring. Thankfully I paid with PayPal and they gave me a full refund within 1 day of putting in the claim.

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I would never buy from a vendor that did not list a physical street address. With that you could at least make a road trip to check things out.

Glad you got your money back!!

3. Joseph Clemens

Joseph Clemens New Member

I've heard that Justin Cheesman of BeeBabys.com had such a nice product and very competitive prices that he quickly became swamped with orders and is working very hard to keep up and/or catch up. Earlier I placed a small order with him (six 8-frame supers). I asked him to cut them 14" wide and not cut handholds in them - he kindly obliged, they are now six of my best boxes.

In some ways I'm glad BeeBabys.com is behind on his orders, it shows just how much in demand his products are. I hope he can catch up and continue producing such excellent equipment at very nice prices. I am looking forward to placing a larger order with him, sometime in the future. I appreciate his product and prices enough that I'd certainly wait, if necessary, to get them.

4. Omie

Omie New Member

It's one thing to wait to get items when you are told they are backed up and if you are given a choice. It's another thing entirely if you pay, then wait for weeks and no one responds to your emails and phone calls about your missing items. Personally, i can't afford to make 'loans' that way no matter how good the merchandise is.

5. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

I think he is also doing the woodware for Russell Apiaries. He was swamped - must be starting to catch up, because after I cancelled my woodware order with them to get it from Dadant, they shipped it for free anyhow. It came last week. Very nice product. (although the SBB is a bit odd - it works, just not quite up to the standard of the last one I bought. But then I bought the cadillac the last time - $40+ from Country Rubes. Ya get what ya pay for.)

6. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

They did have an address in Paypal.

The only thing is how do I know he is behind if there is no contact back?

The Stuff looked good and the price was great. I would have even waited another week or 2.. but no responce to emails and the phone would only ring and if went to voice mail was only message that voice mail is full. If he had responded or even still responds I would be open to give him another try ( knowing that paypal is there is great security)

Remember I am a newbie as of right now I have a nuc comming in 4 weeks and no hive yet..

7. Joseph Clemens

Joseph Clemens New Member

Medic1259,
    I understand and feel that perhaps Mr. Cheesman should have recorded a message explaining the situation to customers calling in, or even an automatic response email with similar explanation. Perhaps he has, but the phone is set to skip instead to the "Mailbox is full" message, if so, that is awful.

I had visited another forum where Mr. Cheesman (beebabys.com) had recently posted about being swamped and gave his apologies.

I don't know the situation for Mr. Cheesman, but I'm glad my wife is available to answer our phone when I'm not available. Helps to keep our customers informed while I can keep busy growing more bees.

BTW, the beebabys.com website gives their physical store address, at the locator link on their customer service page: http://stores.beebabys.com/-strse-template/locator/Page.bok.

8. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

See thats all I wanted was an answer... I mean is anyone really that busy that cant answer a phone or an email in a few week period? Even like you said set up an auto responce. You could have the Best product in the world at the best price... but if the cust srevice is crap.. people will not want to use you. I am a small business owner too ( liquor store ,besides a paramedic). And my prices are not the best I must admit. But people always say they come in because of me and my staff. Always polite willing to help and a thank you brings them back.

9. Marbees

Marbees Member

Dependability is what keeps you in the business, and helps you build a good reputation. Those who fail to recognize it don't get too far.

10. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

not making any excuses for anyone.... but at this time of year things can become almost overwhelming for a lot of folks.... even for folks who have been doing this for decades.

11. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

I agree but if he had time to post on other forums how long to make a stock email...and if he had been doing it for so long then why not put an out of stock or orders on hold on his web page.

12. Iddee

Iddee New Member

I can excuse postponements and extensions, even cancellations. I cannot excuse lack of communication.

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I totally agree with both of the two post (above).

I really had the impression that the referenced supplier had not been doing this very long? That is... I had never heard of this supplier (actually I figured they were more a reseller than anything else) until quite recently.

14. kebee

kebee Active Member

I notice the site is now close for maintance or maybe a way for him to catch up.

kebee

15. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

He must have did that today. I did email him again Sunday saying no hard feelings and if he still wanted my business I would give him a try. But again no reply..

Who ever knows him from another site , just ask him one question for me, why no responce?

16. Marbees

Marbees Member

Medic, try this contact for Beeline from Bedford PA.
    http://www.superpages.com/bp/Bedford-PA/Beeline-Apiaries-L0502443480.htm

Last week went to visit my friend who ordered a skid from Beeline Apiaries and Woodenware, never saw better boxes, nice smooth finish, tight finger joints, high quality pine, very little, and very small knots, first class equipment.
    March issue of American Bee Journal features their ad on page 236, and prices are even better than boxes:
    Deep $10.14/Medium $7.04/Shallow $6.47, and these are for low volume orders. Good luck:thumbsup:

17. Zulu

Zulu Member

Justin responded to me, saying he is just so Far behind and has nucs almost ready too, which need attention so no time to resolve right now. He was getting out product in the order it came it. He is aware of this thread too, but too busy to respond.

He closed the site temporary because of this, till he gets caught up.

18. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Thanks I will check them out today.

19. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

he should have closed it prior to it getting out of hand... but let me ask you (Anyone) this.. How busy can one be to not respond to an email or phone call when it is a business matter... I HOPE I am NEVER that busy

20. Omie

Omie New Member

If one gets so busy that they cannot respond to customers who send them money, then have no fear, they won't be that busy for very long.