Water meter box hive to remove

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by LtlWilli, Jul 21, 2011.

1. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

The water company called with another meter box full of bees. The last one had comb in it, so it was an easy removal. We don't now about this one...If there is no hive and no electricity for the shop vac, I have no idea about getting them out of there....Perhaps placing a baited trap hive right beside it and hoping they'll go in...Any thoughts on another method?
    LtlWilli

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

A plastic cat litter scoop.

3. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

...and just dump them into the hive....Good idea---thaks a bunch. Iddee. :thumbsup:
    There is a converter that hooks onto the battery that you can plug into. It is listed at 900 watts. The biggest I've found is listed at 800----any chance it would run my vacuum? It's 100 watt difference, but would it run the vac on low?

That does not matter now, as I have ordered a correct sized inverter. :thumbsup:

4. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

LtlWilli:
    You can get larger power inverters, check at any of the large truckstops, ie Pilot, T/A, Loves, or Petro.
    The larger ones need to be wired directly to your battery-as opposed to cigarette lighter plug in.

5. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

I recalled the vauum company and was given a different reading on the wattage used----220 instead of 900. That'll cut the price some I think. Does 220 sound more like it?
    Thanks for the info, guys

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member

There should be a tag on the vac giving the wattage. 900 sounds more like it to me. My 1000 watt inverter will not start my vac, but by turning it on and off a few times I can get it wound up. Once it is running full speed, the inverter will run it fine. Any electric motor takes a lot more watts to start then it does to continually run, once up to speed.