Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
well good news Slowmodem can be a relative term that changes from time to time. last year I was surrounded on all four sides with dark red color and ended up experiencing about 90 days of 100 to 100+ temperatures. this year on the other hand the red is all to the west and north of me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Tecumseh,isn't that you in that little brown dot just above Houston that never seems to get any rain??? :grin:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Tec, That 90 days of 100 and above has more effect when you tell folks, "25% of the year was above 100 degrees." I had co-workers almost faint, and they were there for the whole thing! :lol:

Walt

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Dosen't look to good for me and my bees, it seems that in the last 5 years we have been way below the rain fall for this area, just hope it dosen't end up like 3 years ago, dry for 3 months and hot. I think it moved from here to Texas last year.

kebee

·
Registered
711 Posts
:cry::cry::cry::cry::sad::sad::sad::beg::beg::beg:I need rain.......

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
a crackerbee snip..
isn't that you in that little brown dot just above Houston that never seems to get any rain???

tecumseh:
that is a bit north and east of here... thankfully I have no yards in that direction. last year it was so dry that in places where the water totally dried up hives did perish from lack of adequate water.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You want rain?? Move down to Florida, we have had 12" in the last two days.

We did need rain, but not like this. I guess if this is the only way we can get it, we will deal with it.
Robert

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Have we forgotten the power of prayer? :?: :beg:

Even if not answered, prayers can't hurt. :amen:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well we here in eastern WA(and we are the dry, arid side of the state)experiencing a drought...have had thunderstorms off and on for the last several days...keeping things green&juicy for the bees). We also have lower temps than usual. I think we are one of the only places in the nation not experiencing heat. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
an efmesch snip..
Have we forgotten the power of prayer?

tecumseh:
them Florida folks need to learn to amend their prayer to... oh lord send us some rain, but please don't send us no flood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts