Web Page Expired

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sqkcrk, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Is it my computer or is it a beekeepingforum.com function that sometimes I can't stay on the forum as long as I want to?

Also, things seem somewhat slow too. But, maybe that's just me. :)

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

The somewhat slow is being worked on. We hope to move to another server within a couple of months. We have had a lot of growth in the last couple of months, so this server isn't carrying it too well.

I've never had the page to expire, but I never stay on for more than about an hour. I will try to stay on a few hours tonight and see if it expires. How long before it expires on your computer?

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It is 10:12 PM. I have been on the forum since 5:30 PM. I haven't been kicked off yet. It must be something on your computer.

4. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Yeah, you must be right. Sometimes when I click on the Back Arrow at the top left of my screen it goes to a page that says that the Page has Expired. But if I click there again it goes to the previous page. These computers are confusing to me sometimes. I often call them CONFUSERS.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

mine does that also

6. Charles

Charles New Member

The page expired problem is really annoying, I know the PHPBB group (developers of the software) know about this problem. It only happens under certain circumstances and almost exclusively in Internet Explorer. If you avoid hitting the back button after making a post or when searching you won't have it as much...

Charles

7. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I get that message but never really noticed because it seems to only show up when I post a reply and the hit the "Back" button. I guess it seems logical to me that the page where you wrote the post would be expired because you already wrote it. (Plus it keeps folks like me with CRS from hitting "Back," then wondering if you had already posted or just imagined it, and posting again!) Just hit "Back" again and it goes back to the forum you were on.

Doesn't seem to happen with the "quick reply," just when I want to add smilies.

8. Charles

Charles New Member

Hey Hobie, you should be able to use smilies in quick reply too, actually you can do just about anything in quick reply with the option buttons to the right, put a check mark on display smilies and they should show right above the text box. I use the smilies one as well as the "quote last message" one quite often. If the options aren't there you may have to click "show reply options" upper right of this box.

Hope that helps!