Weird thought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, May 31, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

There is a graveyard next to my son's school and often I walk our dog through it while I wait for him to come out.
    There are some cool headstones and some folks have real imagination when it comes to picking their headstones.
    There is a large dairy farm here and the couple running it have their headstone waiting for them already set up. It is a huge granite boulder cut in half with the flat side smoothly polished. Engraved on the flat side is a beautiful scenic picture of their dairy farm, with their house, barns, etc. complete with cows in the field. Their names are already on the stone along with their dates of birth, all that's missing is the date when they depart this world.
    But the biggest kicker of all is the saying that they have engraved under the picture and names on the stone:
    Are you ready for this?

"Please Pass The Butter"

Now how cool is that? :mrgreen:

Gets me to thinking about my own mortality. Maybe a headstone shaped just like a beehive, maybe with some cool saying on it like.............................?????

2. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I dunno... something about drones in the fall? :lol:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

My oldest brother's stone says simply "Gone Fishing"

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Iddee brother was named stone... how cool is that?

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

i had an aunt and uncle that put up there stone before the passed my dad would go out on memorial day and put flowers on there head stone when they was living just to get one off on his sister

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

There is a little church down at the corner of the road that has some very old graves in them and several civil war soldiers, there are some really cool looking head stones like I have ner=ver seen before, kind of ornate you might say. Will try to remember to get a few pics of them. Over where my Dad is buried there is a head stone in the shape of a tree trunk with a coon dog reared up on it like he is treeing a coon, the fella must have really been a big coon hunter.

7. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

My sister's friend was struck down at a young age. He had been a pilot, non-commercial. His head stone has clouds and it reads " Flying High".

8. srvfantexasflood

Ha! Ha! Ha! Good one, Hobie!

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

G3, was the coon hound a blue tick. :lol: Speaking of civil war headstones, someone stole my great great grandfathers head stone in Texas co. Mo., He fought with Sherman (Elias Brooks) what kind of person would steal a headstone. :confused: . Jack

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Jack it takes all kinds of people, just last week there was a bronze veterans grave marker show up at a scrap metal place, and several years ago there were a couple of 100 of the bronze flower holders show up.

I don't know about it being a blue tick or not but must be a good dog, hasn't moved off of that tree in years.

11. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

Jack writes:
    He fought with Sherman (Elias Brooks) what kind of person would steal a headstone.

tecumseh:
    now if he had taken a shot at Sherman he might deserve a head stone. with a history like that I would want the headstone gone. ;)

tecumeh goes totally tangent:
    saw an interesting t shirt in east Texas recently. it went something like... when you hear the sounds of banjos it's time to get yourself home.

12. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

tec. i know what your saying, he probably didn't have a choice of who he served under.I remember my grandfather saying that his grandfather (Elias) would go into a rage when the subject of slavery came up, he was strickly against it and would fight over it, and did. Jack

13. srvfantexasflood

Do you think that is a reference to Deliverance?

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

15. G3farms

G3farms New Member

16. srvfantexasflood

HA!HA!HA! I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes!

17. riverrat

riverrat New Member

paddle faster I think I hear banjos :shock: