Well I Just Ordered...

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by DonMcJr, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

The Brushy Mountain 9 Frame Advanced Extractor Kit! All I gotta say is good thing the kit was about $50 off on sale cause $129 for shipping is WOW!

I can't wait to get it...hopefully next weekend I will be extracting honey!!!!!!!!!

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Once you start extracting and selling some of the gold you'll not notice the "ouch" so much. :grin:

3. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Congratulations, some day I may try to get one. The shipping is going to be high on everything I am afraid, until gas prices go down. Make sure to take and post some pictures while your extracting.........Tom

4. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

The day of first extraction for me was really a hot day. I thought I should charge $100/pint!

You're going to mess up. That's just a part of the experience. Don't get frustrated. It's part of learning. But you'll end up very happy! :)

Good luck :)

5. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

how many hives you have Don, I asked that because if you have but a few less then 10 hives, I have always use the slightly cheaper but very efficient hand crank to frame extractors, take a little longer than 9 frame at a time and two frame extractor they do have to be reversed to get both sides of the frame. for me that works because I only have 5 - 6 hives. Just a thought for others. and once you've made the investment in an extractor, it will pay for itself many times over
    Barry

6. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Don, the pain of the shipping costs will soon be a one time memory of the past. Your extractor will be a happy experience re-lived every time you use it. Even more so because you got it in the kit form and will have the personal satisfaction of having assembled it yourself. :thumbsup:
    I'm glad for you that you got the 9-framer. I'm sure you won't regret it. It sounds to me like an excellent, long-term investment. :clap:

7. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

8. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Don,

Nice buy, I have been using that same extractor going on my 3rd year with no problems. I have second guessed myself for not going with the motorized version but for a small fee :wink: they can be upgraded. I bolt my unit to a heavy oak pallet to keep it from dancing around.If you have any questions when you get all your goods just IM me and I will help you out the best I can.

I get my plastic bottles from Brushy Mountain but you may find them cheaper elsewhere. I use BM because I don't have to pay freight charges. I do alot of canning and sale quite a bit of honey in quart/pint jars. The cheapest place I have found them is Big Lots.

Good Luck

9. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Thanks hog wild!